Confirmed with Link: Stone named captain

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
No surprise there.

Well deserved. Honestly no one deserved it more. AP27 if he'd played at least a year with us. Smith, maybe but he seems too quiet for the job. Ditto for Theodore, leads by example but doesn't seem like a guy to take charge and get get the boys going vocally. Marchy did plenty of that but he was too prone to on ice tantrums for me to want to see him repping the "C"

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
No surprise there.

Well deserved. Honestly no one deserved it more. AP27 if he'd played at least a year with us. Smith, maybe but he seems too quiet for the job. Ditto for Theodore, leads by example but doesn't seem like a guy to take charge and get get the boys going vocally. Marchy did plenty of that but he was too prone to on ice tantrums for me to want to see him repping the "C"
Just curious, off topic question- who is quarterbacking the 1st unit PP, Theodore or Pietrangelo?

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Media hasn't been allowed to watch the PP units so no one really knows. I'd guess they'll each get their own unit and they'll be pretty balanced.

It's a good question. All we know is they'll be split up.

Damn thats really interesting. I was hoping to get a fantasy steal with whoever is on the 1st unit.

I think Vegas/Colorado players are going to be good picks in general because they are going to be 2 powerhouses who are usually going to play pretty weak teams. Good +/- and slightly better offensive stats compared to league wide.

Do the fans have any idea what kind of splits Lehner/Fleury are going to get? If Lenher gets around 70% he could be an absolute steal.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Damn thats really interesting. I was hoping to get a fantasy steal with whoever is on the 1st unit.

I think Vegas/Colorado players are going to be good picks in general because they are going to be 2 powerhouses who are usually going to play pretty weak teams. Good +/- and slightly better offensive stats compared to league wide.

Do the fans have any idea what kind of splits Lehner/Fleury are going to get? If Lenher gets around 70% he could be an absolute steal.

I mean if I were to go with my gut I'd say Vegas' powerplay would look like this

Pacioretty-Karlsson-Stone
Tuch-Theodore

Marchessault-Glass-Smith
Hague-Pietrangelo

If Vegas is chasing a lead in a third period I could maybe see AP and Theodore on the same 1PP pairing but past that DeBoer will want to be able to use both guys separately to maximize their TOI contribution.

Lehner will probably draw the harder matchups. DeBoer's been vague about it but he has said the team "will need" both Lehner and Fleury for their success so I don't see Fleury getting much less than 30% of the starts. Could be more.

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
Brannstrom, Lindberg & Sokolov brought us a future captain. Solid deal in the end.

Sokolov is the guy who Ottawa picked on the second round in 2020 draft. And you know what? That picked ended up being 61st overall pick which is same as Stone's jersey number because the pick belonged originally to Dallas and then Vegas traded it to Ottawa. What a coincidence!

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Sarcastic-No-Way-Kristen-Wiig-Reaction-Gif.gif

Obvious choice. Not sure why it took so long to make official.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Take your #61 jersey to Arsenal or Armory and they'll add a "C".

(I thought they tweeted this, but don't see it.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad