Trade: [STL/MIA] Marcell Ozuna for Sandy Alcantara, Magneuris Sierra, Zac Gallen and Daniel Castano

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I feel like this is yet another not so good return for the Marlins. I get that they got two top 10 prospects from a good farm system, but they didn't get any top guys for someone who was a monster last year and doesn't cost almost $300M.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I don't know why people like boras are being so outspoken about this fire sale. The Marlins missed the playoffs badly, have zero farm system, there's a chance Ozuna, Stanton(he was in total control with his no trade) and Gordon have already had their career years. Why not trim payroll, build an actual farm system... oh right because Boras thinks they should spend crazy money on free agent starters like they did with that disastrous Chen deal.

You have to have a farm system, this is their only way to get one. Nice bat for the Cards.

Reactions: Oscar Acosta

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don't know why people like boras are being so outspoken about this fire sale. The Marlins missed the playoffs badly, have zero farm system, there's a chance Ozuna, Stanton(he was in total control with his no trade) and Gordon have already had their career years. Why not trim payroll, build an actual farm system... oh right because Boras thinks they should spend crazy money on free agent starters like they did with that disastrous Chen deal.

You have to have a farm system, this is their only way to get one. Nice bat for the Cards.

Jeter was also given an impossible situation. Didn't help that his predecessors killed the farm system.

Also I bet things are different if Hernandez never drives that boat.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I like Zac Gallen a lot and Alcantara is legit. I think this is definitely better than the Stanton trade, but still they might have sold short.

However the Marlins franchise is absolutely devoid of pitching talent so this one at least makes some sense

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
According to Steve Phillips the Marlins were asking the Blue Jays for AT LEAST BOTH of Bichette and Vlad Jr. for Ozuna...

If that's true then I don't even know which gif to insert here for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad