Trade: [STL/MIA] Marcell Ozuna for Sandy Alcantara, Magneuris Sierra, Zac Gallen and Daniel Castano

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So if the Stanton trade was all about getting that salary off the books, what is this one about?

Needing to get a lot of salary off the books. They only have Ozuna for the next 2 seasons, and they would probably cost a total of 25-30 million. Might as well get some quality prospects for him while they are rebuilding.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Knightengale just tweeted out that O'Neill and Grichuk are not part of the Ozuna trade. He added Piscotty to that list, but it's a given he isn't since we're talking with Oakland.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Alcantara is 9th on Cards list.

Inexplicably bad return return for MIA if he's the main piece.

It really depends on who you talk to about Alcantara. His stuff is right there with Reyes', and like Reyes, it will come down to control and command of that stuff. He'll thrive in the majors IMO, just depends on if it will be as a starter or as a closer where he can just go all out for an inning or so.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
If Jose Fernandez was alive there's not a doubt in my mind the Marlins would remain intact and be adding right now.

Also, Luis Castillo for Dan Straily is gonna hurt the Marlins more than losing Stanton/Ozuna long term.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Wow, they got him for peanuts. They should really trade for Machado too. Otherwise the Cubs powershift will get even worse.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
OK...that is much better with Sierra included. 2 top 9 prospects in a good Cards system.

Hopefully Marlins leave Sierra in the minors. Just because he played a few MLB games does not mean he is ready.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
i highly doubt yelich wants to stay on a 100+ loss marlins team

"Oh hey Christian, uh so, we just depleted our roster and we were openly shopping you 5 mins ago but uh, actually, would you like to uh stay here now haha"

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
i highly doubt yelich wants to stay on a 100+ loss marlins team

White Sox should pick up phone and see if something can be worked out

Christian Yelich is type of established young ML talent that could really help speed up buildup and is under team control for I believe 6 more years and is only 25

Sox got deep enough pool of prospect that they can part with some and still be in good position with rebuild

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Gallen 13th on Cards list. Castano unranked.

Still incredible STL got Ozuna without giving up 1 of Reyes/Weaver/Flaherty/Hudson.

Awesome deal for St Louis... basically no one thought they would keep all of the four mentioned above.

Gives them enough ammo to make a serious run at Machado or someone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->