Trade: [STL/MIA] Marcell Ozuna for Sandy Alcantara, Magneuris Sierra, Zac Gallen and Daniel Castano

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Saw a tweet from Joel Sherman indicating it's looking to be an MLB outfielder and pitching prospect. I'm guessing Alcantara and Grichuk.

Makes the most sense. Grichuk can come in and play, and he isn't all that different from Ozuna before he broke-out into the player he is now. Alcantara is high risk, high reward.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Makes the most sense. Grichuk can come in and play, and he isn't all that different from Ozuna before he broke-out into the player he is now. Alcantara is high risk, high reward.

If that truly is the return, it's pretty underwhelming from the Marlins perspective. Wouldn't complain in the slightest as a Cards fan though.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Bob Knightengale just now: "The Marlins will receive more valuable prospects in stlcards trade than Stanton and Gordon trades combined with package of pitchers and position player."

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Hopefully we can hold onto Flaherty, but with the amount of pitching prospects we have, who cares, we filled a huge need.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
there's got to be more than just alcantara and someone like grichuk/piscotty involved

hudson would be my guess. maybe sierra?

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Yeah at this point I'm thinking Alcantara, Hudson, and Grichuk. If it is, I'll be sad to see Hudson go. I really like him. And Alcantara was a bullpen candidate for us this year. Bet that means we'll be pushing hard for Colome then.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Alcantara has uber potential, so Miami probably values him highly. They also really liked Bader, and since we have Bader, Sierra, and O'Neill, maybe there is something there as well.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Disappointing, I really think Piscotty is going to bounce back in a strong way.

Agreed. I don't want to trade him. I wonder whether Pham can keep up the level he played at. I can't imaging that Piscotty couldn't have been severely impacted by his mom's diagnosis. But if we do move him, I'm glad it looks like we're sending him to the west coast. That's a classy move.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
^ Yea seems like another sell low similar to Diaz.

That leaves an OF of Fowler-Ozuna-Pham with Martinez and Sierra/Bader backing up. Unless they have something else up their sleeve.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I wonder if the plan may be to clear out both Piscotty and Grichuck so O'Neill can be the fourth outfielder. He's capable of playing all three outfield positions, so finding him at-bats shouldn't be overly difficult if he hits. I know he gets compared to Grichuk a lot but I think he should end up being a better player. O'Neill walks at a non-insignificantly higher rate than Grichuk.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, with Sierra, Bader, and O'Neill, we have plenty of young OF needing time.

I'm just skeptical on Pham, he has trouble staying healthy and will he be able to repeat what he did last season.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
^ Yea seems like another sell low similar to Diaz.

That leaves an OF of Fowler-Ozuna-Pham with Martinez and Sierra/Bader backing up. Unless they have something else up their sleeve.

Eh, Diaz legitimately sucks. He definitely over-achieved, and if he's not hitting, he's not helping.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I don't expect him to repeat what he did last year, even if he stays healthy. I'm expecting somewhere around an 800 OPS. Still really solid numbers with his defense, but not like last year. As usual, the question is if he stays healthy.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Agreed. I don't want to trade him. I wonder whether Pham can keep up the level he played at. I can't imaging that Piscotty couldn't have been severely impacted by his mom's diagnosis. But if we do move him, I'm glad it looks like we're sending him to the west coast. That's a classy move.
My guess is that the two are connected. I bet the cardinals would rather keep him but feel like this is the right thing to do and can get some value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad