Speculation: Still Still Still Much Ado About Kovy - Still Still Still Still in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I'll believe it when McKenzie or Lebrun chime in.

Won't be hearing from Bob for the rest of the summer he's on vacation till September.

DD1jEwWXYAANwE0.jpg:large

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Brooks is the only one to report this and there hasn't been any leak to a Russian source? Presumably if he decided to stay in the KHL there'd be some reporting on it. I'm just saying maybe let's wait before we declare this situation over.

I didn't get the part about this "came from New Jersey". Have no idea what the Devils gain by leaking that information to Brooks (of all people, too).

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I didn't get the part about this "came from New Jersey". Have no idea what the Devils gain by leaking that information to Brooks (of all people, too).

Only thing I can see is to put pressure on his camp. Like either make your decision soon. We dont want to drag this out, we wont be played around by you.

Show his camp we are perfectly fine with letting him rot another year in Russia

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ

As we should. **** this guy. He wanted to go home to mommy and we let him without fight. Let him stay in the motherland and add another year to his body and placate Putin. A 3rd or 4th round pick isn't worth letting him have his way.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
I'll believe it when McKenzie or Lebrun chime in.

Its done. TSN wouldnt roll with it on their front page if it was merely rumor. LeBrun and McKenzie are on vacation and the European/KHL reporters are picking up on it.

Obviously, this is Kovy so in 3 days everything could change. Sick of it.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Bravo for Shero sticking to his guns and FO with this 'accept a 3rd re pick' nonsense.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Its done. TSN wouldnt roll with it on their front page if it was merely rumor. LeBrun and McKenzie are on vacation and the European/KHL reporters are picking up on it.

That isn't true. Sports networks and news agencies jump the gun on stories all the time. All that TSN article said was that Brooks reported it. They just want the clicks.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Another one from the trade board :laugh:

Shero is challenging McPhee as the worst GM. You can't lose an asset like Kovalchuk for NOTHING.

So Shero is going to lose him for nothing on July 1, 2017?

When is this dunce going to get banished from the league. Pens fans had to watch Crosby play with fillers and waiver wire pick ups while this schmuck was GM.

Go home Shero

Adelais

Jun 6, 2017
So, why are people mad at Kovalchuk?

It looks like Shero cannot get to any agreeable terms for a trade, it really has nothing to do with Kovalchuk at all

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
That isn't true. Sports networks and news agencies jump the gun on stories all the time.

When's the last time TSN "jumped the gun" for clicks regarding a decision of relative magnitude? Can you name one? TSN have their own sources to check on things like this espc if its getting front page treatment. If they didn't, they'd be running "clickbait" constantly.

I agree only in the sense that until SKA announce the signing its not "official", but c'mon. This **** is all but over.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ

I don't want this to drag on either, but if TSN is reporting what Brooks is, it means nothing until a contract is signed in the KHL. Wouldn't be surprised if Shero comments again with another "this is news to me."

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Andrew Grossâ€Â
@AGrossRecord
Following
More
Have been able to confirm @NYP_Brooksie report: Ilya Kovalchuk HAS opted to remain in KHL. #Devils lose his rights July1, 2018.

Must be coming from Grossman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->