Still no love for Yellow Horn eh?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
I've watched Yellowhorn play about 15 times this season....is that enough to tell that he won't ever step into an NHL or AHL unless it is as a spectator...if you know anything about hockey...yes.

Orv

Jan 7, 2004
Calgary, Ab/Eston,SK
Colt.45Orr said:
So would I...

for example... in your analysis you said that he was moved up to the top line because Versteeg wasn't producing...

shows that you are talking out of your ass here cause Versteeg had 10 goals in the first 16 games... how is that not producing?

Saying the guy won't amount to anything cause he didn't score alot as a 16yr-old... wow... don't know where you are going with that one either...

Don't rag on a guy just because he burst your bubble. I think the guy brings up a lot of good points. Personally I don't think that Yellowhorn will make it. I hope that he'll have a growth spurt this summer. If he were to even get to 5'9 or '10 I think he'd have a shot. I'd still take a chance on him in the 4th or 5th round but not before that.

You can question how many times I've seen him if it helps you sleep at night.

laidsy13

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
I totally agree with Unbiased Canadian on most of what was said. The difference of course is Yellowhorn wasnt bumped up to the first line, to my suprise the guy was QB'ing the PP on opening night and probably lead the team in ice time (I wouldnt doubt he still gives Seabrook a run for total ice time) I too can't see yellowhorn in the top 5 scoring at seasons end, nor can i see the hurricanes doing well in the playoffs without some major moves (Playoff experience is a must). Like i said before, i don't mind the guy as a player, he's fun to watch and the fans here in Lethbridge love him...but he's just not cut out to be a pro player in my eyes. And a note to the last 2 posters, i've personally seen "Unbiased Canadian" at at least 5 Hurricanes home games this season. As for the Hurricanes being "underrated" i don't buy that either, there on a roll, and no one can take that away from them, there riding a hot goalie and a really hot first line....but most "underated" teams don't sit 6th in the CHL top 10. As a Lethbridge resident, i hope Yellowhorn keeps up this pace, and the Hurricanes continue to succeed - as far as my personal opinion on the guy, he's got great character, decent skill and a huge heart - I'd put my money on him being on Making the Cut in about 5 years...with a chance to turn heads on CBC.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Hurricanes

Since we are talking about Lethbridge here is a prospect update. I've seen Dwight King play a couple times this year and has really impressed me. He is living up to expectations. He is big strong and has good hands he will be a fan favorite in a hurry. He is playing well in the Sask AAA midget league and made the Western Under 17 team that is playing in St.John's. This is unusual as he is the only 89 year old that made the roster.

Sorry to anybody who doesn't care.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Rumpy said:
Since we are talking about Lethbridge here is a prospect update. I've seen Dwight King play a couple times this year and has really impressed me. He is living up to expectations. He is big strong and has good hands he will be a fan favorite in a hurry. He is playing well in the Sask AAA midget league and made the Western Under 17 team that is playing in St.John's. This is unusual as he is the only 89 year old that made the roster.

Sorry to anybody who doesn't care.

Hey man,

Thanks for the update, I watched him at Canes rookie and regular camp this year and only at the age of 15 he looked like he belonged...he will be a star for sure...isn't he like 6"4 already?

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
laidsy13 said:
I've watched Yellowhorn a lot this season and he reminds me of a smaller, less skilled version of Brad Moran with a better work ethic. I'd personally be stunned if he ever played an NHL game, but best of luck to the guy.

I still can't believe Columbus won't give Moran a shot. Expansion team, offensive players are tough to find, and you leave him rot in the minors.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Look...I'll be honest here...

I have never liked Yellow Horn...I can't explain it... I simply don't -plain and simple...

I couldn't care less if he ever makes the NHL...

But -my whole point here (in stirring the pot) is that a 17 year-old no-name is leading the league in scoring!!! There are guys in this league who would be in the NHL were it not for the lockout!!!

I don't know how he does it(he doesn't wow me with his skills)... but game after game he makes an impact.

My whole point?
Give the guy *some* credit... I am not saying he is going to be a NHL superstar... but it is ridiculous not to cast a glance at a 17-year old who is leading the league in scoring halfway through the season!!..

I live in Lethbridge -and unlike alot of others... I don't like him.
But I'll give him his due...

BTW-The Canes were 6-0 in the preseason (for whatever that is worth) so it isn't like they are just capable of one hot streak.

They have great goaltending -and Seadonkey has really stepped up his overall play this year to be a great #1D... and they have alot of creativity and speed up front... along with a solid, big useful checking line...and Versteeg...can't forget Versteeg :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad