Still no love for Yellow Horn eh?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Posted about him awhile ago and all I got was negative feedback...

I mean -ya..he's short... but he is also 17 and leading the WHL in scoring!!!...surely there is something positive there for some of you self-proclaimed experts to pick out... :p:

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Colt.45Orr said:
Posted about him awhile ago and all I got was negative feedback...

I mean -ya..he's short... but he is also 17 and leading the WHL in scoring!!!...surely there is something positive there for some of you self-proclaimed experts to pick out... :p:

Jason Krywulak also led the WHL in scoring, as did Lonny Bohonos.

Just sayin'...

Avery4Byng*

I have a lot of respect for him. He is leading a very underrated team in the Hurricanes. Hopefully Yellowhorn can get the respect he deserves.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
SO is he eligble to be picked next year? Sounds like he does have some offensive skill. What do others see him being drafted? 3rd roundish???

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Colt.45Orr said:
He's bigger than Chris Bourque...

But his dad was never s star player. Gives him a slight edge. Not tkaing away from Chris' talent but when your dad's a star or even your brohter, it sure helps.

denphis

Patrick - Flames Fan said:
But his dad was never s star player. Gives him a slight edge. Not tkaing away from Chris' talent but when your dad's a star or even your brohter, it sure helps.

i have to agree with that Brett Lindros

any way if he can light it up with the size of the whl defense maybe he will get a chance. i doubt it the only route he will have is the work your ass off and get bounced around a-la martin st-louis, then come back win the nhl scoring title and a stanley cup ring and then rub it in the face of everyone that told you that you couldn't make it. i like yellowhorn and i hope he is sucessful

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy

I totally agree! This works even if you suck big time!

*cough* Eli Manning *cough*

Sorry for going a little bit off topic with football, but I couldn't resist :D

Boondock Saint

Mar 6, 2003
He was interviewed on Shaw cable and had some hilarious responses...

Said some of the guys on the team have nicknamed him "the Brocket Rocket" and "the Reservation Sensation."

Seems to have a great attitude and work ethic.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Yellow Horn is 1inch shorter and 4pds lighter than Dawes... outscoring him big-time-o this year...2-1/2 years younger...

Just saying....

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Can anybody who's seem him play tell me how good a skater he is?

I mean 5'7 with a great set of wheels is one thing and 5'7 with average to poor skating is another.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
West said:
Can anybody who's seem him play tell me how good a skater he is?

I mean 5'7 with a great set of wheels is one thing and 5'7 with average to poor skating is another.

Seen him play alot and have never been blow-away with his north-south skating -

BUT he is very quick in making quick shift east-west moves.... much like Samsonov isn't the fastest up and down skater out there -but is very good, shifty skater...

Galiza_Rules

Jan 22, 2004
Santiago, Galiza
Every one are hyping the whl defense (Phaneuf, barker, meszaros ...), they are supposed to be the next generation of great defenseman. So if they can score playing all nights against him in whl, why he can't do it in nhl too??.
I'll give him a shot at least in 4th round

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Colt.45Orr said:
Seen him play alot and have never been blow-away with his north-south skating -

BUT he is very quick in making quick shift east-west moves.... much like Samsonov isn't the fastest up and down skater out there -but is very good, shifty skater...

So basically the kid can dangle and weave. Sounds like he's been watching the movie dodgeball...cause he knows the 5 Ds. :yo:

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
So basically the kid can dangle and weave. Sounds like he's been watching the movie dodgeball...cause he knows the 5 Ds. :yo:

Duck, dodge,dip....duck....dammit I am missing one....

where is O'Hoolahan when you need him :mad:

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Colt.45Orr said:
Duck, dodge,dip....duck....dammit I am missing one....

where is O'Hoolahan when you need him :mad:

Too bad Hallmark doesn't make a "Sorry your dodgeball coach got killed by two tons of irony" card.

I'm rooting for this kid mainly because I want to see "YELLOWHORN" jerseys sell out across North America.

I think I can remember some people thinking that smaller players wouldn't be able to handle the rough and tumble 'dub. Go YellowHorn.

laidsy13

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
I've watched Yellowhorn a lot this season and he reminds me of a smaller, less skilled version of Brad Moran with a better work ethic. I'd personally be stunned if he ever played an NHL game, but best of luck to the guy.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Here's the low down on Yellowhorn.

First of all nothin against the kid because I don't mind watching him play and I think he will have a decent WHL career...probably, if he's smart use it to get an education...and that's it.

Colton Yellowhorn played with the Hurricanes last season as well recording 5 goals and 9 helpers in 67 games. This year all of a sudden he has 18 goals and 29 assists in 35 games....why the leap all of a sudden? A couple reasons.

At the beginning of the season the players expected to do the scoring Lammers, Versteeg etc. were not producing...so Coach Hofford decided to move Yellowhorn, who wasn't expected to be a big scorer, off of the 3rd line to try and mix things up...and up until this point it has worked. I think Yellowhorn can credit alot of his success to Jonathan Filewhich, Filewich is a kid who scored 30 goals last season in the WHL and was brought in to score goals in Lethbridge and right now he is playing really well, Yellowhorn is benefiting from this.

So right now the Brocket Rocket, Sensation from the Reservation whatever you want to call him is leading the WHL in scoring...will he be leading the WHL in scoring at the end of the season...NO...will he be in the top five scorers...good chance he won't.

The Hurricanes are on a roll right now, however like all good things this is going to come to an end and they will return to what expectations were for the season...3rd in the division maybe 4th and an excite from the 1st round of the playoffs. If you watch the Hurricanes you can tell...EVERYTHING is going right for them right....and Yellowhorn is benefiting from it.

Odds are against Yellowhorn being drafted and if he is picked it will be in one of the final two rounds...you have my gaurantee on that. He is small....smaller then the 5"7 175 he is listed, he doesn't have mind boggling speed...his hands, while may be above average for the WHL will not cut it at the next level, did I mention he doesn't have the size?? Also a player who was also small...Jordin Tootoo....don't compare them...Yellowhorn hits once in a while but doesn't have the edge that Tootoo had, which is the only reason he made it.

The scouts aren't talking about Yellowhorn....the fans in Lethbridge are....which one will get you past the WHL?

Don't get me wrong I like watching the kid but there is no way he will ever play a game in the NHL...or...AHL. Smartest thing to do would be to take the WHL scholarship to school and get a degree while playing CIS...and he wouldn't be a CIS allstar either.

Oh I hope he proves me wrong...but I'm pretty sure he won't.

SIGNED,
Jeremy Jackson

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
Unbiased Canadian said:
Here's the low down on Yellowhorn.

First of all nothin against the kid because I don't mind watching him play and I think he will have a decent WHL career...probably, if he's smart use it to get an education...and that's it.

Colton Yellowhorn played with the Hurricanes last season as well recording 5 goals and 9 helpers in 67 games. This year all of a sudden he has 18 goals and 29 assists in 35 games....why the leap all of a sudden? A couple reasons.

At the beginning of the season the players expected to do the scoring Lammers, Versteeg etc. were not producing...so Coach Hofford decided to move Yellowhorn, who wasn't expected to be a big scorer, off of the 3rd line to try and mix things up...and up until this point it has worked. I think Yellowhorn can credit alot of his success to Jonathan Filewhich, Filewich is a kid who scored 30 goals last season in the WHL and was brought in to score goals in Lethbridge and right now he is playing really well, Yellowhorn is benefiting from this.

So right now the Brocket Rocket, Sensation from the Reservation whatever you want to call him is leading the WHL in scoring...will he be leading the WHL in scoring at the end of the season...NO...will he be in the top five scorers...good chance he won't.

The Hurricanes are on a roll right now, however like all good things this is going to come to an end and they will return to what expectations were for the season...3rd in the division maybe 4th and an excite from the 1st round of the playoffs. If you watch the Hurricanes you can tell...EVERYTHING is going right for them right....and Yellowhorn is benefiting from it.

Odds are against Yellowhorn being drafted and if he is picked it will be in one of the final two rounds...you have my gaurantee on that. He is small....smaller then the 5"7 175 he is listed, he doesn't have mind boggling speed...his hands, while may be above average for the WHL will not cut it at the next level, did I mention he doesn't have the size?? Also a player who was also small...Jordin Tootoo....don't compare them...Yellowhorn hits once in a while but doesn't have the edge that Tootoo had, which is the only reason he made it.

The scouts aren't talking about Yellowhorn....the fans in Lethbridge are....which one will get you past the WHL?

Don't get me wrong I like watching the kid but there is no way he will ever play a game in the NHL...or...AHL. Smartest thing to do would be to take the WHL scholarship to school and get a degree while playing CIS...and he wouldn't be a CIS allstar either.

Oh I hope he proves me wrong...but I'm pretty sure he won't.

SIGNED,
Jeremy Jackson

I question how much you have seen him play live

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Vinland said:
I question how much you have seen him play live

So would I...

for example... in your analysis you said that he was moved up to the top line because Versteeg wasn't producing...

shows that you are talking out of your ass here cause Versteeg had 10 goals in the first 16 games... how is that not producing?

Saying the guy won't amount to anything cause he didn't score alot as a 16yr-old... wow... don't know where you are going with that one either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->