STILL HOPE? NHL and NHLPA MEET MONDAY - Talks Run for 7 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

preddevil

Mar 9, 2004
sabres_phan said:
That they're going to write off the 2005 season and finally finish the 1999 season?

I bet you're still bitter about the Music City Miracle too. :)

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Tsn.ca is a little confusing.

The National Hockey League will conduct a news conference with Commissioner Gary Bettman on Wednesday at 1pm et from New York where it is expected he will officially cancel the 2004-05 regular season and playoffs. TSN has learned that NHL executive VP Bill Daly and NHLPA senior director Ted Saskin met Monday at an undisclosed location in a last-ditch attempt to save the season.

so is the meeting over? how do you guys know they are still meeting as of 9:30? It would seem that the meeting is over

sabres_phan

Feb 14, 2005
preddevil said:
I bet you're still bitter about the Music City Miracle too. :)
As well as LeClair's Phantom Goal and (of course) Wide Right. Ah, it's good to be a Buffalo sports fan!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
John Davidson on MSG-immense pressure on both sides,fairly decent # for salary cap,linkage slightly taken off the table,JD is "optimistic" more optimistic than he has been in a long time,the league called the PA,huge pressure by the players on the PA,bottom/floor of the cap with the big market teams helping the smaller revenue teams reach the floor,both sides are moving

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
sabres_phan said:
LOL, thanks man!

Welcome to the board, Sabres phan.

Heres a tip though: Getting praise from Reilly is NOT a good thing. Hes on most people's iggy lists in here. Sorry to say.

But, yes, I too felt your pain for the Music City Miracle (aka. The Immaculate Deception)

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Son of Steinbrenner said:

The National Hockey League will conduct a news conference with Commissioner Gary Bettman on Wednesday at 1pm et from New York where it is expected he will officially cancel the 2004-05 regular season and playoffs. TSN has learned that NHL executive VP Bill Daly and NHLPA senior director Ted Saskin met Monday at an undisclosed location in a last-ditch attempt to save the season.

so is the meeting over? how do you guys know they are still meeting as of 9:30? It would seem that the meeting is over

According to JD from about two minutes ago,they are still meeting in Buffalo

Reilly311

no13matssundin said:
Heres a tip though: Getting praise from Reilly is NOT a good thing. Hes on most people's iggy lists in here. Sorry to say.

:shakehead

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com

Nah, TSN has been referring to the meeting in past tense terms since it began.........

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002

I dont think the Tuesday/Wed deadline is just thrown out there to get some urgency. I dont think one day is more important than the other.

As far as how people know how long they have been negotiating....the have been keeping us posted in between periods during the AHL all star game.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
They are still meeting... Because TSN took a break at 8pm saying its still on, when it had on their website, "They met" (past tense)..

Vic Rattlehead*

no13matssundin said:
Welcome to the board, Sabres phan.

But, yes, I too felt your pain for the Music City Miracle (aka. The Immaculate Deception)

Wow, you are not nice.

Sabres Phan, make your own opinions of people here. It's better to see what people are like than getting opinions from others. Welcome to the board! :yo:

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
nor is Reilly on mine...although some of his comments sure do piss me off....but hey...everyone is entitled to their opinion...

I still don't understand why the previous CBA could not have simply been re-signed and play while negotiating a new one to take place next year...anyone have any reasoning as to why they may not have done this!?! Would it NOT have kept us happy!?!? And isn't it honestly about US!?!

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
They probably were watching the allstar game and having some beer before Goodenow and Bettman started arguing over some stupid irrelevant thing.

j/k

I think something will be settled. If not, it will be because of a fluke and something unexpected happening. I think that its possible that a deal is already done and we're waiting on final approval.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
That offside call from 1980 still kinda bugs me.

Welcome to the boards. Don't worry, you'll see a thread about the Sabers No-Goal if you stick around long enough.

Freezerburn

Mar 20, 2003
Leafer4Life said:
Anybody watching SportsNet? They reported that Bettman has been working the phones all day, and they seem pretty optimistic...........

I would say that they speculated that Bettman had been working the phones, they did not really have solid back ups, but it was logical.

I enjoyed Kypreos' newfound stance, he's backed down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad