Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
See TSN.ca.

Any other news on this?

"Representatives of the NHL and NHLPA met Monday at an undisclosed location in a last-ditch attempt to save the season, TSN has learned. Players who spoke with union chief Bob Goodenow were told Monday that representatives of the two sides were getting together."

Last edited:

blah

Jun 24, 2003
Burke was on in Philly and said the same. He said the chances were slim though.

ResidentAlien*

Wow- he's right!
I swear if I hear.."No Progress, no further talks planned" I will never watch hockey again..untill they start playing that is :lol

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
blah said:
Burke was on in Philly and said the same. He said the chances were slim though.

Any other details such as how long, where, etc.?

If these guys don't talk for the next 15 hours straight, they have problems.

WHARF1940

Jan 2, 2005
down in a hole
just saw this, funny how they tried to spin it by sying "met" and then going on with quotes from yesterdays failed meeting. How about "they're talking and we'll keep you posted"?

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Bill Waters on sportsnet says that the sides exchanged "what ifs". I think they are actually negotiating this time.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
WHARF1940 said:
just saw this, funny how they tried to spin it by sying "met" and then going on with quotes from yesterdays failed meeting. How about "they're talking and we'll keep you posted"?

They usually do this while the story is breaking/when they are updating.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
PitkanenPower said:
This sounds like players outside of the principles are meeting, no? Meaning NOT Goodenow, NOT Saskin, NOT Linden, et al?

The last deal was struck because of "outside players" not the big guns...

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
This is probably how it's going..

Willing to take the cap yet?

Nope

Alright then.

"No progress made. Philosophical differences, blah blah blah."

*sigh*

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
I got a sick feeling about this one...

This is the end of the line after a long 4 weeks of philosophical diffferences. This time the news wire will be different.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So the press conference will be pushed back til Wednesday? :shakehead

that means more PR crap until Wednesday...more fans going through ups and downs again, which means more delirious posts about the end, with more songs quoted stating that the end is here...

StanTheMan

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
417 TO MTL said:
So the press conference will be pushed back til Wednesday? :shakehead

that means more PR crap until Wednesday...more fans going through ups and downs again, which means more delirious posts about the end, with more songs quoted stating that the end is here...

well, i've been dumb enough to tag along behind this circus (mostly right behind the elephants... pew) this long, one more day doesn't really matter. and anyway, isn't there just a smidge of hope that if they set wednesday instead of tuesday for their announcement, that whatever talks are (or have) going on today show promise? if it was same old same old, why wait till wednesday?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
These guys are going to exit the meetings with the same rhetoric as usual, they're actually pretty good at it, but even if they do make some progress they won't report it, they'll just say the usual...this meeting with Daly and Saskin is smoke and mirrors, doesn't make any sense, something is going on behind the scences IMO though, some people here are going to suffer a huge letdown after they get interviewed by the media, cause no matter what happens, neither side will report progress...worst part is, because the date was pushed back til Wed. we'll have to go through this again tomorrow most likely...still confident though, still confident

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
StanTheMan said:
well, i've been dumb enough to tag along behind this circus (mostly right behind the elephants... pew) this long, one more day doesn't really matter. and anyway, isn't there just a smidge of hope that if they set wednesday instead of tuesday for their announcement, that whatever talks are (or have) going on today show promise? if it was same old same old, why wait till wednesday?

You don't have to convince me, i've always said a deal will be made, and I too think that both sides underestimated the time they actually had for this, which is the reason why it was pushed back 1 day IMO...it's just that I want this to end, the season will be saved, it's just annoying to hear everyone say it's over...

Plus, i'm waiting to cash out, I made several bets with friends that the season will be saved, some will say i'm crazy, we'll see on Wednesday...

blah

Jun 24, 2003
Jobu said:
Any other details such as how long, where, etc.?

If these guys don't talk for the next 15 hours straight, they have problems.
Na, if Burke knew that it'd be on TSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad