Equipment: STICKS - Buying Guide and Advice PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I ended up buying that 64 inch Sher-Wood T120 True Touch 105 flex that was marked down for half price at SportsChek

If my buddy likes it, I'll gift it to him. If not, I'll just return it

It's an absolute beauty of a stick!

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Anyone know where I can find a Graf PK440 stick or similar? I finally found a stick where I could get a reliable snapper and I done broked it blocking a shot (and then broke my buddy's backup stick on the very next shift...barf)...

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
TRUE XC9 versus A6.0. Can someone give me a good explanation on how the sticks differ?

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
TRUE XC9 versus A6.0. Can someone give me a good explanation on how the sticks differ?
Kickpoint - A series is more mid-low. Xcore series has the kickpoint a bit higher; like a mid kick
Blade - Xcore features the PU insert for a different puck feel/cushioning/puck spin when shooting or passing.

Personally, I have both and use them interchangeably. The A6.0 is noticeably lighter than the XC9, but by no way is the latter considered heavy or imbalanced. It took a little bit of time to adjust to the blade of the XC9, but I think I actually have begun to prefer it. I didn't really notice much difference in terms of shooting/kickpoint.

Reactions: Oak

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Hey AIREAYE, thanks for the info.

Since you use both sticks would you say you could feel the puck on your blade better when carrying it with the XC9?

Also, any chance you can compare the TRUE sticks to a Bauer 1N for me?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Hey AIREAYE, thanks for the info.

Since you use both sticks would you say you could feel the puck on your blade better when carrying it with the XC9?

Also, any chance you can compare the TRUE sticks to a Bauer 1N for me?

Having used all 3 sticks regularly, I can weigh in too. The 1N has a true mid-kick and will only shoot well if you place your hand correctly at the center of the sweet spot. The TRUE sticks give more freedom of movement for the bottom hand but don't shoot as hard at full power.

I find the XC9 has better puck feel but I have a quicker release with the A series.

I prefer the 1N over the True sticks TBH.

Reactions: Oak

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Having used all 3 sticks regularly, I can weigh in too. The 1N has a true mid-kick and will only shoot well if you place your hand correctly at the center of the sweet spot. The TRUE sticks give more freedom of movement for the bottom hand but don't shoot as hard at full power.

I find the XC9 has better puck feel but I have a quicker release with the A series.

I prefer the 1N over the True sticks TBH.
I completely agree with these 2 statements.

Individual 1

Jan 25, 2012
Probably going to buy a stick tomorrow my choices seem to be

Warrior Alpha AK27 for $184
Warrior Covert Retro for $150

CCM Ribcore Trigger ASY for $160
CCM RBZ Revolution for $199

I mainly take snapshots and I would like the stick to last, any advice would be appreciated or other deals.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Definitely either the Covert or the Ribcor for low-kick sticks, which are optimized for quick release snapshots. I personally prefer the Warrior.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Anyone can give me a review of the CCM Ribcor Trigger 2? Looks like an amazing stick. It appears that CCM have upgraded their top of the line sticks to a higher grade of carbon fibers.

Nvxs07

Aug 1, 2014
Looks like the next line in the warrior covert series is going to be the QREdge. Similar graphics to the QR1. Can’t wait to learn more about this

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
Anyone can give me a review of the CCM Ribcor Trigger 2? Looks like an amazing stick. It appears that CCM have upgraded their top of the line sticks to a higher grade of carbon fibers.

Coming from strictly Bauer sticks APX2 being my favorite and disappointed in all my sequential Vapor purchases. I am totally pumped on this twig. It is very close to the APX2. I have bought 3. Broke one (6 months 3 days per week) and now have 2. No chipping or nicks in currents. I usually just take wrist and snap shots but I find the Trigger 2 effective with one timers too. But ya, I can really smoke wrist shots with this thing and it has helped me to develop some decent pop in my snaps. The only thing Im not a fan of is trying to shelve backhanders. I have the McKinnon curve and can't do much on the backside. Passing is easy to be accurate and def need to keep a stiff lower hand for receiving.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Coming from strictly Bauer sticks APX2 being my favorite and disappointed in all my sequential Vapor purchases. I am totally pumped on this twig. It is very close to the APX2. I have bought 3. Broke one (6 months 3 days per week) and now have 2. No chipping or nicks in currents. I usually just take wrist and snap shots but I find the Trigger 2 effective with one timers too. But ya, I can really smoke wrist shots with this thing and it has helped me to develop some decent pop in my snaps. The only thing Im not a fan of is trying to shelve backhanders. I have the McKinnon curve and can't do much on the backside. Passing is easy to be accurate and def need to keep a stiff lower hand for receiving.

If that's the only problem you have with the stick, that's great. It just means that you're using the wrong curve for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad