Stickout in 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckalinsky

May 1, 2004
It was Ovechkin in 04. Crosby in 05. Now is there anybody in the 06 draft class that sticks out head and shoulders above the rest. How many years can you have an unreal first overall. Will the first overall in 06 pale in comparison to Ovechkin and Crosby.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Jesse Joensuu is one who has the chance to go first in year 2006. He looks very special player to me, but give him some time to developement and maybe he could be a first finnish player who has drafted to first overall.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
IFK said:
Jesse Joensuu is one who has the chance to go first in year 2006. He looks very special player to me, but give him some time to developement and maybe he could be a first finnish player who has drafted to first overall.

Interesting. In which junior team he plays?

stockwizard*

Chuckalinsky said:
Will the first overall in 06 pale in comparison to Ovechkin and Crosby.
Most likely the first choice in '06 will pale in comparison to Crosby.
Kessel has way too many weaknesses to be even mentioned in the same breath as Crosby.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Fighter said:
Interesting. In which junior team he plays?

He played Ässät A-junior team and he made last year points 7+9=16 in 28 games (Lauri Korpikoski 36 12+8=20). He also played 5 games in Ässät men's team and he was youngest player ever who has played FNL if i remember right. He is 6.03 tall and his weight is something around 195. He was born late 1987.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
IFK said:
He played Ässät A-junior team and he made last year points 7+9=16 in 28 games (Lauri Korpikoski 36 12+8=20). He also played 5 games in Ässät men's team and he was youngest player ever who has played FNL if i remember right. He is 6.03 tall and his weight is something around 195. He was born late 1987.

Cool, Porin Ässät.
Stats are good and so the height for a 87 born. I thought he was from Oulun Karpat since they're used to have a great crop of young talents (Pitkanen, Kukkonen and so on), I'm a fan of that team btw :yo:

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Players such as Ovechkin and Crosby come around every ten years or so (that's why is awesome to see two potential superstars in the vein of Lemieux and Gretzky come in back to back years) and it is doubtful that 06 will have such a marque player.

In North America, I would keep my eyes on Toews, Kessel and Little.

West19

Jul 19, 2004
In North America, I would keep my eyes on Toews, Kessel and Little.[/QUOTE]

i would definitly keep my eyes on bryan little of the barrie colts. he had 34 goals and 58 points as a 16 year old, not too shaby

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
BrooklynCanuck said:
I don't know why, but when I hear reports about Joensuu, I always think of Mats Sundin.

Big kid, who is always around the puck. Always making a smart play. Hard to get off the puck.

I've never seen tape of him, but from reading accounts that's just the image I get in my head.

Funny, i think also that he is like Mats Sundin and i have only seen some video clips for his play.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Vasyunov will start to emerge at the under 17 tourney next month and pull away from the rest. You never hear about the russian prospects till this tourney.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Vasyunov broke some records (Bure,Ovechkins... ) He is a TOP candidate for first overall thats for sure .

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
CSKA said:
Vasyunov broke some records (Bure,Ovechkins... ) He is a TOP candidate for first overall thats for sure .

And which league he was played last year. Jesse Joensuu played 5 games Finnish national league and 28 games highest Finnish junior league. Also Joensuu was played Finnish U18 WJC team this year.

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
IFK said:
Here it comes some profiles from JJ. I hope somebody could translate those if you ask. I can't translate those cause my english isn't that good.

www.assat.com

www.finhockey.fi

www.jatkoaika.com

www.eurohockey.net(write his name that search system)
Thanxs. He plays C or W?
What about Vasyunov is there any links? Is he a center or winger?
If those two are centers 2006 will be a year loaded with #1 centers.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Jungle Boy said:
Thanxs. He plays C or W?
What about Vasyunov is there any links? Is he a center or winger?
If those two are centers 2006 will be a year loaded with #1 centers.

Joensuu is winger and shoots left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->