Stick Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
chum said:
do any of you really score that many more goals after start using the billion dollar sticks?

In the hands of a skilled player, I think yes. For average Joes like me.....it's more or less a placebo. But I definitely like the feel puckhandling wise with a one piece more than a two piece or a wood stick. I know there are plenty of guys who prefer wood sticks.

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
DJmastamind said:
My Bauer Composite 2-piece broke yesterday.

I need suggestions, I'm not sure what to get. I have been looking at Si-Core's, but i don't like the feel of Easton's anymore. I love Bauer, but my local proshop doesn't carry them :cry:

I've looked at TPS...but can't get a good shot with the Louisville Rubber shaft.

Suggestions
Interesting.. I use and really like the TPS rubber shaft and have an explosive shot with it (with a good closed-heel curve). Its a stiff shaft but when cut to right length for you it gives a good low-kick for hard shots without much wind-up. As a defenseman it's great for me to release consistently knee-high, tight-spin slapshots.

IkeaMonkey*

Brodeur said:
Because their current stock is from the Vegas show?

Yes and I've heard the staff has a habit of flexing the sticks for fun.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
DJmastamind said:
oh...So what's the deal with behind the mask? I've never heard of them intil last week when i ran a search for the new Easton SL???

Nothing really, apparently they bought a ton of SLs from the Las Vegas Vendor show where all the companies brought their 2005 models.

So basically they bought a bunch of sticks which were probably flexed by dozens of people. Probably no big deal, but some people don't like the idea of spending big bucks on a stick which might not be at 100%. That'd be like not buying a new car because it already had 250 test miles on it.

IkeaMonkey*

Brodeur said:
Nothing really, apparently they bought a ton of SLs from the Las Vegas Vendor show where all the companies brought their 2005 models.

So basically they bought a bunch of sticks which were probably flexed by dozens of people. Probably no big deal, but some people don't like the idea of spending big bucks on a stick which might not be at 100%. That'd be like not buying a new car because it already had 250 test miles on it.

Cars have much longer longevity than OPS ;). It's be like a car with 25k test miles on it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->