Stick Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJmastamind

Jan 26, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
www.beckett.com
My Bauer Composite 2-piece broke yesterday.

I need suggestions, I'm not sure what to get. I have been looking at Si-Core's, but i don't like the feel of Easton's anymore. I love Bauer, but my local proshop doesn't carry them :cry:

I've looked at TPS...but can't get a good shot with the Louisville Rubber shaft.

Suggestions

PockIsGoD

Apr 16, 2004
Sherbrooke, QC
You can't get Bauer
You don't like Easton
Get Vector. It's my second favorite, after the Bauer Vapor XX. Vector V 110 or 120, depending if you like grip or not.
TPS looks good, the guy at the store where i go, showed me the lightest stick i ever see. It was a TPS. Don't remember which one though.

realhabsfan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Dont get a sicore since they are not making them anymore....The new Vapor XXX is a really nice stick aswell I really like the weight and feel of the Innovative 1100.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Synergy SL. Wait 2 more days. Any of the new synergies, the ST, or SL.

But I don't like any of easton's curves. I just got a V130 vector and like it, but I love Vapor XX's the most even though the durability sucks. I am using a cracked Vapor XX in games and I still love it. Not cracked bad, but damaged a bit.

I hate stealths. I have one and it is sitting in my room and not being used at all.
The original ones were alright, but the remade ones or the second batch blows despite better durability. IMO. I can't stand the weight of the stealth. I like the Vector 130 cuz it's balanced better IMO.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I love my Mission M-1 as well. You can get it online for $99 plus shipping from several places.

I just got hooked up with a Synergy SL Grip over the weekend, but I haven't had a chance to use it. I'm debating whether or not to resell it and make $100 profit for doing nothing.

There are several places online that are trying to get rid of their existing Synergys because the new models for each company is coming out in the next two months. If you can be patient, I'm sure there'll be some great deals to be had.

DJmastamind

Jan 26, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
www.beckett.com
Thanks guys! I may just go to another hockey store and get a Bauer Vapour XXX. Someone metioned if I can wait 2 more days for the new Easton SL. I just don't like Easton's shafts anymore, to boxy, but I love their Yzerman pattern. I'm probably get a new stick over the weekend so they should have the new eastons out. i'll check it out.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
DJmastamind said:
Thanks guys! I may just go to another hockey store and get a Bauer Vapour XXX. Someone metioned if I can wait 2 more days for the new Easton SL. I just don't like Easton's shafts anymore, to boxy, but I love their Yzerman pattern. I'm probably get a new stick over the weekend so they should have the new eastons out. i'll check it out.

I like the feel of the Mission shaft, it's not as boxy as the Eastons. Easton no longer makes the Yzerman curve, but their new Gaborik pattern is nearly identical.

It looks like my window to sell my SL grip and make profit has closed........nuts.

DJmastamind

Jan 26, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
www.beckett.com
*UPDATE*

I went out and bought a Bauer XX today. I wanted a XXX but they didn't have any Jrs. I love Bauer, I've heard the durability sucks, but i see it this way, i'm 5'3 140lbs no way i'm gonna snap it! I can't wait to use it tomorrow t practice. and it worse comes to worse i'll buy the XXX next month when it hits shelves in Pittsburgh

IkeaMonkey*

DJmastamind said:
I've heard the durability sucks, but i see it this way, i'm 5'3 140lbs no way i'm gonna snap it!

You will be playing with other people right?? Sticks snap a helluva lot more from being landed on/stepped on than they do from shots.

DJmastamind

Jan 26, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
www.beckett.com
DynamoAO said:
You will be playing with other people right?? Sticks snap a helluva lot more from being landed on/stepped on than they do from shots.

Isn't playing with other people a given? LOL. I had my Bauer Tri-flex Gold for 3 years before someone landed on top of me and snapped it in half. I don't usually end up in high traffic situations, i'm more of a sniper, i'll just blow past people.

anyway talking to a guy at the store he snapped 4 in a month from taking shots, however he was more like 5'9 190lbs. i'm still not that worried about it.

jb**

DJmastamind said:

I need suggestions, I'm not sure what to get. I have been looking at Si-Core's, but i don't like the feel of Easton's anymore. I love Bauer, but my local proshop doesn't carry them :cry:

I've looked at TPS...but can't get a good shot with the Louisville Rubber shaft.

Suggestions
anything from Montreal is excellent

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
There was an eBay auction for a Synergy SL grip that went for $235........now I'm really tempted to sell the one I have.

Pensfan86

Mar 18, 2002
Steel City(Pittsburgh)
Visit site
DJmastamind said:

Suggestions

you are from pittsburgh...you cant go wrong with this then

go to perani's hockey world in greentree i think...they have these 10$ shafts...i broke roughly 9 sticks/shafts in 4 months...ive had this 10$ shaft for 3 and its still goin strong...apparently they used to be bauers...theyre very light though, and they have a nice flex...at least for me...just ask them forthe 10$ shaft...thye look like crap but looks are decieving

IkeaMonkey*

DJmastamind said:
Yikes!!! They are out. I found them for $139.99+SH. They just aren't in Pittsburgh yet. So people just aren't patient

$140 for an SL GRIP?!!?!?!?!?!!?!? Holy ****, hook me up with where you found that...the MSRP I believe is $160, so most places will sell them for $175....

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
DynamoAO said:
$140 for an SL GRIP?!!?!?!?!?!!?!? Holy ****, hook me up with where you found that...the MSRP I believe is $160, so most places will sell them for $175....

Hrm, he said he was 5'3.....so perhaps he was talking about the junior model.

chum

Feb 27, 2002
do any of you really score that many more goals after start using the billion dollar sticks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad