Confirmed with Link: Steven Kampfer (Re-signed for 1-Year, Two-Way Contract)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild33

Mar 27, 2009
Steven Kampfer ‏@SteveKampfer47 1m
Happy to be back with the Minnesota Wild organization for the next season. #StateOfHockey #canweplayalready?

Coming from the man himself has to be pretty reliable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Glad to hear this.

I think Kampfer's better than Prosser and occasionally Falk.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 20m

Surprised, thought he would go to Europe. Still don't think he can make the big club, but you never know.

If Gilbert gets bought out or moved, I could easily see Kampfer getting the call as 7th/6th D. Same type of player as Gilbert.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
still going to say that I like Prosser's attitude on D. we have no mean guys. need them. as our minimum wage #7 i'd prefer prosser.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I would much rather have Gilbert eating minutes than Kampfer. Remember Kampfer was Houston's worst +/- player for most of the year.

And Gilbert was ours. One offensive defensive liability for another. Only at a quarter of the caphit, and not playing top 4 minutes.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
it does if your life is one big episode of short attention span theater.

edit: i'm not opposed to this move and i would rather have Gilbert playing any minutes over Kampfer but with the Heater situation Gilbert might have to go anyway...I don't think it'll come down to Gilbert or Kampfer: either Gilbert is still here and playing or Gilbert is gone and Kampfer might be playing.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
Good news.

People need to stop only checking stats without watching him play and directly judge. He played against top lines with Connelly at some point as well.

Good guy, can defend his teammates when needed. Also plays physical from time to time. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Wild line up but I'd say it's unlikely right now.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I haven't grown to despise Kampfer yet, so I like this move.

Also, I feel he should shave his head and grow a ginormous beard in honor of the man he was traded for.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think the depth chart is working against him, but I did like what we saw of him when he was up here.

Not convinced Falk is back... Gilbert is likely getting bought out... he has a shot right now I think with a full camp this year. He did look decent with the big club after he arrived via trade, but numbers and lack of camp worked against him completely this past season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad