Steven A. Smith...no hockey talk

puckhead103*

i watch this guy on espn...it seems the show focuses on sports NBA, NFL, MLB (sometimes) and big time college sports......except the NHL....

the NHL doesn't even exist on that show's radar....

ICX*

Steven A. Smith is a moron who does nothing but yell. I'm glad he doesn't talk about hockey and I wish he'd shut up about everything else.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
It's a good thing that he doesn't because WHEN YOU TRY TO WATCH IT, IT WOULD BE LIKE THIS FOR 99% OF THE TIME. WHERE HE WILL YELL AND YELL AND MAKE NO SENSE.

chiavsfan

Steven A Smith is a glorified racist, who loves his "street" NBA, and took the sides of the idiots in last year's basketball brawl between the Pacers and The Pistons...but if the same thing happened in the "white" NHL, he would critisize the players and the sport to no end

Brad*

i watch this guy on espn...it seems the show focuses on sports NBA, NFL, MLB (sometimes) and big time college sports......except the NHL....

You do realize that, since it's his show, he's allowed to talk about whatever he wants, and he has no responsibility to mention hockey at all?

bictron

Jul 31, 2005
Tracy, CA
I'm pretty sure he had Mark Messier on there at somepoint.

I don't like him at all. The handful I've turned it on, he's always talking about basketball or bringing up the race card.

Guy Legend

Jun 2, 2005
St. Louis
Last season, he had Gary Bettman on, and as expected, he asked the usual stupid - doom and gloom questions about the leagues viability. Of course this was after the lock out, but Bettman was clearly able to put Smith's questions to rest with facts.

A minor ESPN annoyance I just found today: looking at the tv schedules for all the games at their website, their national TV column is notably blank. Guess they don't consider Versus national TV.....(although my cable company doesn't provide it).

I don't really watch ESPN anymore.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Last season, he had Gary Bettman on, and as expected, he asked the usual stupid - doom and gloom questions about the leagues viability. Of course this was after the lock out, but Bettman was clearly able to put Smith's questions to rest with facts.

A minor ESPN annoyance I just found today: looking at the tv schedules for all the games at their website, their national TV column is notably blank. Guess they don't consider Versus national TV.....(although my cable company doesn't provide it).

I don't really watch ESPN anymore.

That's actually funny becasue I remember a few weeks ago when Versus has a college football game ESPN.com listed Versus as national tv.

As for SAS, the guys an idiot. The only time he has hockey on his show is to trash it. I was flipping through the channels when his show first came on and noticed (and was surprised to see) he had Stan Fischler as a guest on a panel on his show. From what I caught Stan made the argument that Gretzky was a better athlete than Jordan because Gretzky had to skate. SAS yelled back saying Gretzky doesn't count as a great athlete because he played hockey.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
He was especially humorous during the world cup. The man clearly didn't know anything about soccer yet he still bashed it. He would probably do the same if he ever talked about hockey. He really doesn't know all that much about sports in general.
Just anther example of America's obsession with listening to morons' opinions in the media about stuff that influence their own instead of forming them by themselves (For example: Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'reilly, Michael Moore, PTI, Steven A. Smith,etc, etc)

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!

You are the first person that isn't Stephen A. Smith to complain about Stephen A. Smith not talking.

He's a blowhard, a bigot, a tool and his show sucks. If anything, you should be glad that he isn't talking hockey, because he wouldn't contribute positively to it.

Rathmar

Jul 11, 2006
Albuquerque, NM
The people in this thread have it right, if he did discuss hockey, I think it would
end up on a level of Bryant Gumble's take on the Winter Olympics. I'd rather have
no hockey talk than another instance of that.

Bring Back Krajicek*

Hey, SAS may suck, but PTI is fine by me. I don't watch it for hockey discussion anyway.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i'd have to (sort of) quote tommy boy on this one:

QUITE FRANKLY, "i'd like someone to ring the call box so i can go over and hit steven a. smith over the head with a tackhammer, b/c he's a reeeeeee-tard."
:D

Randall Graves*

I hate to sound racist but Smith mainly focuses on sports that black people play. If Hockey had alot of black players, and stars no doubt it'd have a bigger role.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
this is why i love hockey not being mainstream as nfl or nba

we dont have idioiots lkie him making our sport look retarted

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
he barley ever mentioins anything on his radio show either xept wen his partner who did the rangers post game brought something up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad