Steve Thomas says announcement thursday (Sportsnet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelloman

habs_24x said:
Just heard it on Sportsnet. He says theyre down to crossing t's and dotting i's.

Looks like thursday is it!!
Regardless of the day, it seems to be a go. I have a co-worker who does the game sat Nationwide here in Columbus and said that in a briefing this past weekend, they were told to expect a "big announcement" regarding hockey by Friday of this week. The were also told of a fairly substantial investment in the arena to upgrade the matrix boards, and all displays in the concourses throughout the arena. I really doubt that they would go through all of this expense if it weren't happening soon. Game On!

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Marc the Habs Fan said:
This isn't BS, just saw the clip on sportsnet and Thomas did indeed say Thursday.

However, does Thomas have the inside scoop on this? like is he deeply involved with the PA? or is he just another player who really doesn't know any more than we do.

Currently Eklund is looking the least optimsitic giving a time frame.
:sarcasm:

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Awesome.. Just saw it.

"There is something worked out.. You know, just dotting the I's and crossing the T's..And there will be an announcement on Thursday.."

Also..

The Toronto Maple Leafs have sent in a request to the league to have their home opener for the upcomming 2005/2006 season sometime in early October. Possibly a n October 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th or the 8th date.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
More conflicting reports . . . in the same damn article this time:

And, indeed, a source familiar with the talks said the NHL and the players' association had missed a self-imposed target of July 1 for a deal because of what the source called "some major roadblocks."

However, that same source characterized the obstacles as "nothing that will scuttle the deal" and said a framework for a deal could be in place "by the end of the week."

Representatives of the NHL and the NHLPA met in New York on Tuesday for a second day in a row and debunked rumors that an agreement was hours away. It's unlikely, then, that a document will be completed in time for the NHL board of governors or for players to vote upon this week. Another source said players had been put on notice to review an agreement soon, probably next week.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hocke...,1,7234425.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nhl

So here, in one article, we have one source saying that they just missed a July 1 deadline and should have a deal 'by the end of the week.' Another source basically saying that ignore that quote above, it will be late next week. Though admittedly the first source said 'framework' second 'document' so the two might be reconciled.

ej_pens

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
So here, in one article, we have one source saying that they just missed a July 1 deadline and should have a deal 'by the end of the week.' Another source basically saying that ignore that quote above, it will be late next week.

Those 2 quotes aren't much different than one another. Both say basically the same thing. Likely this week, review by both sides for a vote next week.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Scugs said:
The NHLPA was pwned.

:clap:

...though, Thomas has a one in seven chance of being correct. ...I'll pick Friday (which friday, I cant say).

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
SENSational said:
I agree

God I hate that word

It's not a word. 12-year-old losers with no social skills don't get to redefine the language. Not for me, anyway.

Ri hards

Jun 21, 2004
PepNCheese said:
It's not a word. 12-year-old losers with no social skills don't get to redefine the language. Not for me, anyway.
Quote of the day for me

Vic Rattlehead*

PepNCheese said:
What the heck does leet mean? ;)

Leet is for stupid people who want to cut down their sentences using "words"(if you can call them that) like "pwned". Pretty lame if you ask me.

Whirlwind

Feb 14, 2005
US
I hope it happens! Not only will we have hockey back... but my random prediction of July 7th will come true. :win:

Quite surprising since I NEVER have that much luck. Might make you think I have insider info :snide: If it comes true, I might have to try the lottery or my hand at Vegas.

Or I will just settle for jumping for joy when this is all over. :jump:
Please be right Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->