Steve Thomas says announcement thursday (Sportsnet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
senate said:
Mabye next time they should just type it then.

That would take common sense. As we have seen, the idiots on both sides of this have none.

pens66

Montrealer said:
Please prognosticate the 6/49 numbers for tomorrow night, oh incredible seer of seers.

Hey Dude! Fellow Montrealer here also. All the good looking ladies come from MTL.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
When Thursday passes by and still no annoucement, I can hear Steve Thomas already I was miss - quoted..... :D

Spungo*

MykeAbner said:
No, you're not here to talk about hockey. You are here to troll around and piss people off.

Post on topic or don't post at all. Go to a chat room to insult people.

pens66

Spungo said:
Post on topic or don't post at all. Go to a chat room to insult people.

If you don't want people to insult you, then don't insult people's opinions here in the first place. Everybody's entitled to their own opinions whether it may be right or wrong. Calling people here a sad case because they believe a deal will come soon will not get you any respect.

Dogbert*

Honestly, they should be targeting the MLB All-Star Weekend as the date for the endgame. That way, they'll be the only news in the world of sports.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Spungo said:
If they delay this long and the CBA is still screwed up, they are even more incompetent than I've always believed they were.

By the way, you have good taste in avatars. I wish more people had the guts to use their real pics as avatars, but if you aren't going to do that, your pick is pretty good.
Steering this ship back to port....

Thats twice the media has reported that this week would be the week.

So far we have Fox Sports saying tomorrrow (IIRC)

Then, Sportsnet with word from Steve Thomas that it'd be Thrusday

On the other end, Eklund has reported that it'll be a long week of talks ahead

Oh, and Bob McKenzie says in another thread that it won't be today :sarcasm:

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Dogbert said:
Honestly, they should be targeting the MLB All-Star Weekend as the date for the endgame. That way, they'll be the only news in the world of sports.

If they were to do this early afternoon Thursday, I wouldnt see a big problem there.

There are only 2 MLB games starting at 1:00pm Thursday. Both National League.

MIL v FLA
NYM v WSH

I would think breaking the news that the lockout is over would have more of an impact than these two MLB games.

Poddubny

Jul 5, 2005
On the Bench
Scugs said:
If they were to do this early afternoon Thursday, I wouldnt see a big problem there.

There are only 2 MLB games starting at 1:00pm Thursday. Both National League.

MIL v FLA
NYM v WSH

I would think breaking the news that the lockout is over would have more of an impact than these two MLB games.

If only it was that easy...

Poddubny

Jul 5, 2005
On the Bench
Scugs said:
Elaborate please. Are you talking about if it was that easy actually signing the deal by Thursday? Announcing it? Getting media attention?

No, I was being sarcastic. I agree with you completely. There are several days in the next week that would be perfect for an announcement. But I'm starting to wonder if the NHL/PA braintrust realize that. One day either way and this will be sent to the back pages of the Sports section.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Poddubny said:
No, I was being sarcastic. I agree with you completely. There are several days in the next week that would be perfect for an announcement. But I'm starting to wonder if the NHL/PA braintrust realize that. One day either way and this will be sent to the back pages of the Sports section.

Oh.. :biglaugh:

I'd like to see what's on the front page of the next issue of SI.

Probably something regarding the All-Star break but I expect to see something big on the NHL.

I agree next week would be perfect. Wednesday being beautiful just because AS break is over, and there is absolutely nothing happening.

But I'm a very impatient guy..

Poddubny

Jul 5, 2005
On the Bench
Scugs said:
Oh.. :biglaugh:

I'd like to see what's on the front page of the next issue of SI.

Probably something regarding the All-Star break but I expect to see something big on the NHL.

I agree next week would be perfect. Wednesday being beautiful just because AS break is over, and there is absolutely nothing happening.

But I'm a very impatient guy..

Not a chance this makes SI until October at the earliest. But by then, the NHL is up against the World Series, NFL and college football.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
PepNCheese said:
What the heck does leet mean? ;)

according to dictionary.com ( dictionary is 1. A reference book containing an alphabetical list of words, with information given for each word, usually including meaning, pronunciation, and etymology.
2. A book listing the words of a language with translations into another language.
3. A book listing words or other linguistic items in a particular category or subject with specialized information about them: a medical dictionary.
4. Computer Science.
1. A list of words stored in machine-readable form for reference, as by spelling-checking software.
2. An electronic spelling checker.)
leet means:
  • \Leet\ (l[=e]t), obs. imp. of Let, to allow. --Chaucer.

Which does not fit the sentance..in other words, I don't know

MontrealCruiser_83*

go_leafs_go02 said:
according to dictionary.com ( dictionary is 1. A reference book containing an alphabetical list of words, with information given for each word, usually including meaning, pronunciation, and etymology.
2. A book listing the words of a language with translations into another language.
3. A book listing words or other linguistic items in a particular category or subject with specialized information about them: a medical dictionary.
4. Computer Science.
1. A list of words stored in machine-readable form for reference, as by spelling-checking software.
2. An electronic spelling checker.)
leet means:
  • \Leet\ (l[=e]t), obs. imp. of Let, to allow. --Chaucer.

Which does not fit the sentance..in other words, I don't know
Try urbandictionary.com

They're usually money.

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
gscarpenter2002 said:
What the heck does "PWNED" mean?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwned

1. pwned
A corruption of the word "Owned." This originated in an online game called Warcraft, where a map designer misspelled "owned." When the computer beat a player, it was supposed to say, so-and-so "has been owned."

Instead, it said, so-and-so "has been pwned."

It basically means "to own" or to be dominated by an opponent or situation, especially by some god-like or computer-like force.
"Man, I rock at my job, but I still got a bad evaluation. I was pwned."

OR

"That team totally pwned us."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->