Steve Downie Annihilated by Sergei Kostitsyn

Roger's Pancreas*

Wow, so far 2 from the same person!

Dude, read my whole post. And by WHOLE post, I mean the entire thing.
I did. CG was being cordial and joked about your post. I thought it was funny until you took her post so serious, labeling her a "mindless idiot".

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Oh Lime, always good for some homerism.

What I'd like to see is Sergei back that up and drop the gloves with Steven. We all know who would get annihilated.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
What I'd like to see is Sergei back that up and drop the gloves with Steven. We all know who would get annihilated.

Considering the hit was clean, what exactly does Sergei have to back up? Of course Downie would clean him. Don't think you'll find too many people disagreeing there.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I did. CG was being cordial and joked about your post. I thought it was funny until you took her post so serious, labeling her a "mindless idiot".

I think it's funny that you don't think my entire post was in jest.

I've gotten so much **** for bashing Downie in the past and you know that I have. I've been flamed mannnnnny times for it.

But now that we have Avery, I can no longer hate Downie. I'd be a hypocrite. :teach:

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Considering the hit was clean, what exactly does Sergei have to back up? Of course Downie would clean him. Don't think you'll find too many people disagreeing there.

An amusing opinion. Brian Campbell was forced to back up his "clean" hit on Umberger. It's called hockey. You want to lay out a player off a suicide pass (especially when you're coming off the bench too early), prepare to suffer the consequences.

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
:eek: Goooddddd DAMNNNN !!

Steve Downie just got Annihlated and this word is weak !! !! I'll say Downie got DESTROYED !!!! hell ya !! Sergei Kostitsyn will be a good one :teach:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Nobody's forcing you to like Avery. Wearing a Rangers jersey is no reason to simply like a player. You could always be consistant and hate them both. ;)

I love Avery, man. Can't deny it. Gotta say finally that I'd love Downie if he was a Rangers prospect. Still don't think that rubbing his stick on a guy was the smartest, but, well, he's lost a lot of hate from my end.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Downie on the Flyers is another reason why the Pens should have traded Staal for him. The rivalry in the future is already going to be great(both have good young teams) but adding the Johnson-Downie aspect would make it even more intense.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
You know what though, Kostitsyn caught Downie with his head down. I just don't get why these guys skate with their heads down. It's like what Don Cherry said the other night on Coach's Corner. You should always play with a bigger stick because it will force you to skate upright. When you use a smaller stick, you have a tendency to skate more with your head down.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
I love Avery, man. Can't deny it. Gotta say finally that I'd love Downie if he was a Rangers prospect. Still don't think that rubbing his stick on a guy was the smartest, but, well, he's lost a lot of hate from my end.

Well I'm glad you can see it from the other side now, Jon. No one's denying he's done some stupid stuff, but he's starting to show signs of maturity since the trade to Kitchener as well. I can't wait to see those two (Sean and Steven) going at it though. :D

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land

That's the thing about guys like Avery, Downie or anyone who is hated throughout the league(Chelios, Suter etc.). You hate em' on another team, but love em on yours.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
You know what though, Kostitsyn caught Downie with his head down. I just don't get why these guys skate with their heads down. It's like what Don Cherry said the other night on Coach's Corner. You should always play with a bigger stick because it will force you to skate upright. When you use a smaller stick, you have a tendency to skate more with your head down.

It was a suicide pass, he was looking for the puck. He got hit right as it was getting to his stick. He plays with a fairly long stick too.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
Annihilated? Hardly.

It was a hard hit, but Downie was so annihilated that he got up, went to the bench to have his visor fixed, and was back out on the ice (actually a little quicker than he should have) and scored a goal shortly thereafter.
Well, he was on the ice for a solid 7-8 seconds.

I don't think he was annihalated, but he certainly had the wind knocked out of him.

francklem

Mar 8, 2006
Will downie be able to play his game at NHL level !

I m not sure ... and if he s able he s going to be a 3 line pest not much more at NHL level .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->