Steve Bernier vs Hugh Hessimen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Everyone who said Jessiman is better, is obviously a NYR fan. I am a Ranger fan, and I think Bernier is, and will be better than Jessiman. But, I beg to god that I am wrong.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
I'd pick bernier if I had my choice. Its seems like it will be a long time before we know how Jessiman turns out. It sounds like if he puts his mind to it, he could be another Bertuzzi, but he has a long way to go before he gets close to that.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Bure9 said:
Jessiman, because he's American.

An excellent homage to those among us that always pick the Canadian option. Who here has actually seen Jessiman play, especially those from Canada? I would venture to say very few.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Strizzi said:
The funny thing is that while I've never seen him play, what one hears is that Bernier has really improved in that department.

Steve Bernier has really improved his all around play, conditioning and work ethic.

I would take Bernier over Jussimen. I still think Jussimen is a project that has too much of a boom or bust tag that Bernier out weighs him

Mar 1, 2002
I never saw him play this year, but the fact that Bernier was 5th in the Q in hits given by forwards and was 3rd in plus/minus leads me to think that he wasn't lazy out there. I cannot comment for his condition, and I am a Sharks fan, but even throwing out the scoring, those other 2 stats lead me to think he did work on the negatives that he carried into the draft.

ttnorm

Feb 21, 2003
Connecticut
Visit site
moosefan said:
Steve Bernier has really improved his all around play, conditioning and work ethic.

I would take Bernier over Jussimen. I still think Jussimen is a project that has too much of a boom or bust tag that Bernier out weighs him
I know it's stupid of me, but that made me laugh.

Sammy*

Draft Guru said:
What a moron. Getting made fun of because my name? Never seen it. If you don't trust my credibility, that's fine with me. Like I care what you think.

I wrote for HF for 3 years and had an article appear in the HF Magazine. I was instrumental in developing the top 50 and organizational rankings, as well as other projects while Mark Fischel was still in charge. The Rangers' section of Hockey's Future was always the best and most frequently updated when I was around. I wrote over 200 articles for this site. What have you done? Nothing. Idiot. You're are not worth the time of day. You are just another one of numerous punks on these boards. I still remember YOU from years back when you got banned and your post totals were taken away and you cried forever, walking around with the title "Add 15,000 to Post Total" like it was cool or something to be the top 10 in posts. Quality over quantity, my friend. Your posts certainly lack quality.
If you are going to rant & rave , you should at least have balls to admit the foundation of your original comments about Bernier is shakey. Its pretty widely acknowledged by those who follow the Q that Bernier's game has improved alot in this last hockey year, as has his conditioning. In fact, the knock against him was really not his work ethic on the ice (which you seem to imply), it was his conditioning.
In short, you obviously havnt seen him play or read reports about him in the last 8 months. Your information on him is dated in the extreme. If you are going to make a comment like you supposedly know something, at least have the cajones to acknowledge when you are called on it to say you were relying on older reports.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Draft Guru said:
What a moron. Getting made fun of because my name? Never seen it. If you don't trust my credibility, that's fine with me. Like I care what you think.

I wrote for HF for 3 years and had an article appear in the HF Magazine. I was instrumental in developing the top 50 and organizational rankings, as well as other projects while Mark Fischel was still in charge. The Rangers' section of Hockey's Future was always the best and most frequently updated when I was around. I wrote over 200 articles for this site. What have you done? Nothing. Idiot. You're are not worth the time of day. You are just another one of numerous punks on these boards. I still remember YOU from years back when you got banned and your post totals were taken away and you cried forever, walking around with the title "Add 15,000 to Post Total" like it was cool or something to be the top 10 in posts. Quality over quantity, my friend. Your posts certainly lack quality.
So, just because you know something about Rangers prospects doesn't mean you know anything about prospects in the 2004 draft or propsects leading up to the 2003 draft and prospects leading up to the 2002 draft. Just because you are a writer doesn't mean anything also, I used to be a writer for a couple months on this site. They were asking for writers at the time you signed up and you said you would do it. I guarenteed you only read then copy what you read. You can have an article in that magazine, that was the worst magazine I ever read regarding prospects. The information as a whole was 100 degree's off. Most of the articles weren't proof edited where there were gramar and spelling errors.

"What a moron"
"Nothing. Idiot"

Great work, that has the writers edge to it.

X-SHARKIE

Vlad your calling me a clown for hyping up Bernier? He’s a monster out there…I got a tape of him as we speak where Bernier was dominating at both ends. Steve has all the tools to become a Shanny like scoring machine in the NHL. Plus he appears to hustle more then any play on Moncton, so to say he is one lazy SOB is unfounded. The way Sharks draft, and devolope players, I would have to think Bernier Is going to be great.
But Vlad to call me a “clown†for jumping on the train of a 6-2 ½ 225 beast, with hands of goald and a hard hard shot with a quick release, and very underated play making skills, plus he hits hard like a truck , and he hits often. I don’t think I’m a clown for saying this guy is the real deal.

Players with the combination of power and skill that Bernier posseses don’t grow on trees. I also don’t get why you go out of your way to call me a clown, yet you bash other people for being rude and hyped up on these boards…lol man vlad.

Bure9*

Vlad The Impaler said:
You can. But it would be much more useful if you knew what the word means.

You must have a lot of friends. Sorry I didn't look up the word before I used it. If I did, though, you probably would have thought of another way to degrade me. Did I use degrade right?

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Bure9 said:
You must have a lot of friends. Sorry I didn't look up the word before I used it. If I did, though, you probably would have thought of another way to degrade me. Did I use degrade right?

I believe he was sayin that true meaning of being patriotic goes far beyond your reasoning for preferrin one hockey prospect to the next.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Draft Guru said:

That's impresive ****! To you: :bow: :bow: :bow:
What do you mean by "the punks on the board"? Guys who don't know anything, or guys who think they know everything, but have never seen the player play?
BTW, I have admitted that I have never seen either prospect play, and I base my opinions by the articles I read about them.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Broadway Crosby said:
That's impresive ****! To you: :bow: :bow: :bow:
What do you mean by "the punks on the board"? Guys who don't know anything, or guys who think they know everything, but have never seen the player play?
BTW, I have admitted that I have never seen either prospect play, and I base my opinions by the articles I read about them.
He lives in NY, doesn't see anyone in the CHL which holds the majority of the prospects, doesn't get Sportsnet or Rogers which shows many CHL games. I would take the opinion of atleast 10 rangers fans over him that post on this board and yes he was made fun of two years ago for his little false scouting reports on a couple players.

Last edited:

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
JasonMacIsaac said:
He lives in NY, doesn't see anyone in the CHL which holds the majority of the prospects, doesn't get Sportsnet or Rogers which shows many CHL games. I would take the opinion of atleast 10 rangers fans over him that post on this board and yes he was made fun of two years ago for his little false scouting reports on a couple players.
How do you know he doesn't get tapes of the prospects? :dunno:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Broadway Crosby said:
How do you know he doesn't get tapes of the prospects? :dunno:
Anyone who says they get tapes from friends all over the place you know for a fact are BS'ers. People won't tape games just to send them to their friends. Nobody is that dumb. You never hear guys like Vlad or DrChimera going on about their friends sending tapes, they go on personal viewings or on a friends word. Thats the same I go on, I see around 40 Eagles games a year in person and on TV. From there I see every QMJHL prospect. The WHL and QMJHL I see maybe 6 games up till the memorial cup plus allstar games. I usually go on word or from listening to games on radio like London Knights who I followed all year. In europe its really hard to follow so you rely on WJC and from some of the european posters on this site and others. I would say 98% of the posters on here BS about how many prospects they see. I was lucky enough to have the WJC come to Sydney last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->