Trade: Stephon Gilmore traded to Carolina for 6th rounder

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

Pats wanted cap space to sign Jamie Collins but Gilmore wouldn't restructure his contract.

There ya go.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There were murmurs around this during preseason so I’m not surprised. Now does he get a real deal or does he sign for a pittance from KC or TB and wait for off-season

Reactions: Tuggy

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Gillmore to Dallas, replacing Anthony Brown, and playing opposite Trevon Diggs. Calling it now

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He’s a vested veteran so his salary would have been guaranteed this season. I guessing that his contract contains offset language where the Pats only pay him the difference between what they owe him and any new deal he signs for, similar to Jaylon Smith.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
He’s a vested veteran so his salary would have been guaranteed this season. I guessing that his contract contains offset language where the Pats only pay him the difference between what they owe him and any new deal he signs for, similar to Jaylon Smith.

Pretty sure that guarantee is only if he is on the active roster for wk1, he has been on the pup list

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It's something I guess (from a Pats standpoint).

Older CB who hasn't played in a long time and in his final year of his contract. Can't expect much of a return. He could come back and be 100% healthy and play really well but that's no guarantee.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Wonder if Panthers win the division. I don't know what to make of Tampa situation. All starting CB crew is out. Winfield, FS, is out. It's not good deal to throw on the field guys like Delaney and Desir.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Wonder if Panthers win the division. I don't know what to make of Tampa situation. All starting CB crew is out. Winfield, FS, is out. It's not good deal to throw on the field guys like Delaney and Desir.
The Panthers OL is one of the worst in the league. Don't see them being a real contender until that's taken care of as we saw in Dallas.

Still a good move though.

Reactions: Tryamw

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
The Panthers OL is one of the worst in the league. Don't see them being a real contender until that's taken care of as we saw in Dallas.

Really the biggest thing holding them back.

Reactions: Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham

Agreed Panthers O line is bad. It might improve with injuries as they have a couple of young guys atm not getting chances otherwise next season. They also may not be good. The young guys

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The Bucs just need to keep their heads above water for a few weeks until they get some guys back. Nobody lost long term yet.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021

To be fair, Parsons and the Cowboys front 6 have been making the entire NFL look weak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad