Stephen Weiss or Henrik Sedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolburnIsGone

I've been a Weiss fan since he was drafted so I'm too partial.

I'm just wondering how Henrik has played this season. What kind of role is he playing right now and has he improved at all?

leafaholix*

I'd take Sedin offensively, but Weiss as a two-way player.

Hitman*

Weiss.

He seems like more of a game-breaker to me, Henrik seems more like a complementary player.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
RichPanther said:
I've been a Weiss fan since he was drafted so I'm too partial.

I'm just wondering how Henrik has played this season. What kind of role is he playing right now and has he improved at all?

Henrik Sedin is the 2nd line centre on the Canucks once again, though it should be noted he gets around 13 minutes a game, which is far less than most 2nd line centres. Mostly due to Crawford playing guys like Linden more minutes. He does play on the 2nd power play unit though.

Henrik had a pretty bad start to the year, and in about 30 games, had about 1 goal and 12 points.

In the last month and a half, Henrik has exploded, and has been probobly the second or third best Canuck on the offensive side of the puck since then.

Henrik is better-suited to the physical game than his brother, and is very strong on the puck and along the boards, and has started throwing his weight around a bit more. He stickhandles like a dream and is perhaps the best pure passer on the Canucks.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
No question I'd pick Sedin. But the I'm from Sweden :rolly: i'm convinced the twins will become very good players in the NHL. Just give them some more time, and ice-time too.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Robertsson 4-ever said:
No question I'd pick Sedin. But the I'm from Sweden :rolly: i'm convinced the twins will become very good players in the NHL. Just give them some more time, and ice-time too.

I think that is already happening. With 37 points in 55 games and 34 points in 54 games the Sedins are doing pretty well this season. If you factor in that they rarely get over 13 minutes of ice time, and went through a significant slump earlier in the year, they are doing very well. The are also +14 and +17 each and they have only been minus players in 5 games this season. They have always been solid defensively and now are starting to create a lot more chances and finish a lot of them. The future is looking bright for the Sedins and there is no doubt who the most important forwards for the Canucks future are.

CoolburnIsGone

canucksfan said:
I'd take Weiss
Wow, a Canucks fan favoring Weiss kinda surprised me there. Any reason why you would take him over Henrik?

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
RichPanther said:
Wow, a Canucks fan favoring Weiss kinda surprised me there. Any reason why you would take him over Henrik?

I'm a Canucks fan and I chose Weiss as well. Simply just more offensive potential. 20 years old and in the Panthers games I have seen this year, he was their best player. He is younger and has shown a lot more offensive potential at his age.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
RichPanther said:
I would take him over Henrik because I think he has more offensive upside than Henrik does. I can see Weiss being a #1 center but I dont think Henrik will be a first line center. Weiss is also 2 years younger than Henrik.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
canucksfan said:
I would take him over Henrik because I think he has more offensive upside than Henrik does. I can see Weiss being a #1 center but I dont think Henrik will be a first line center. Weiss is also 2 years younger than Henrik.

I would take Weiss as well, but I think Henrik is being a tad underrated in this thread.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
I think Weiss simply has more upside......and more downside. Henrik is a much safer bet as he is already a solid forward and has the ability to close in on 70 points. Weiss could be an 85 guy or he could be the next Timmah....his range is that big.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I think Henrik is far more safe, but Weiss has higher potential.

Do I think Weiss will pan out to be, say, the 85 pt player ginner mentioned?

No, I don't, so I'd take Henrik over Weiss, but Weiss over Daniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad