Stephane Waite on Carey Price “He had tears under his mask, he thought fans didn’t like him anymore”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

We obviously need him to be much better than he was, but he’s such an underappreciated guy. I think when he retires, only then will people realize just how truly great this guy is. I have confidence that he’ll get back to his dominant level. Now Marc has to do his part and actually give him a team worth playing for. In that respect..I’m not holding my breath.

Last edited:

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
what's with this victim attitude with the Habs... Price is crying, Marc is trying...

who gives a **** ? seriously, the job is to entertain the fans... you do that or someone else will. That is all.
I don't care who you are, if you're being lambasted by the people who once supported you it'd be tough mentally.
Price has been praised to be such a rock mentally throughout the years, so you know if he's really feeling the pain then it's really something that's been an issue.

I think this offseason will be nice for him to reset himself.

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
Why do you guys think they only care about the money? They grew up playing hockey and obviously their goal was to make the NHL but if they didn't they would still be passionate about it. Plus this is Carey Price were talking about. The guy that loses his mind when he gets scored on and smashes his mask when he loses. Trust me money isn't the motive.

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
I don't care who you are, if you're being lambasted by the people who once supported you it'd be tough mentally.
Price has been praised to be such a rock mentally throughout the years, so you know if he's really feeling the pain then it's really something that's been an issue.

What a story that would be if he carries us to win the cup next year.

Reactions: holy

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
This guy is an intelligent man? He does know that his attitude had to turn people off? And now he is reassured that people loved him? This is all over the place right now. Just play hockey Price. And play hard. And look like you care. People will love you then. This is your Habs people....when management and players think that you are way too hard on them. This is going in the right direction...lol

For everybody's sake....move him and Pacioretty together and rebuild.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
People are too obsessed with cap hits to be appreciative of a truly star player on this team.

Even though we have never really actually run into serious cap trouble. It’s quite silly.
This is so bang on!!

A great goalie, on a terrible team, year after year..............he covers over alot of our short comings...when he is average, we can't beat an AHL team...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

We CAN'T score GOALS, and somehow, it's always Price's fault..............bizarre.

Ebony Mackenzie

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
People are too obsessed with cap hits to be appreciative of a truly star player on this team.

Even though we have never really actually run into serious cap trouble. It’s quite silly.

Nice to see you posting, still not really into NHL these days?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Oh FFS, he's a freaking grown ass man playing in a performance-based only industry.
He thinks fans were against him? Euh...ya....because he f***ing sucked balls.

So he was touched by the ovation, ok man, that's cool. Totally fine. But I agree with ECW, it's pathetic for Waite to say this, like a Mom protecting her little baby boy.

Get healthy. Train. Come prepared and focused. Play hockey. Enough with the rest of this BS.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
What a story that would be if he carries us to win the cup next year.
We've struggled to score goals almost every single season he's been playing. We've never lost a series BECAUSE of him. He's carried a decent and good team to the playoffs multiple times and taken those half decent and good teams to deeper than they ever had reason to go. He deserves every single penny of what the habs are paying him because he has literally been the team. We hear it every single year that if it wasn't for price the habs wouldn't make the playoffs or how terrible our team is and price carries hard from habs fans and fans of other teams.

Almost every time I've watched a habs game with a fan of another team they talk about how amazing price is and how he makes it look so easy and how incredible he really is. It's not a conspiracy that he's always mentioned as the best goalie in the world by everyone. Even the Toronto media who blatantly disregards habs players regularly praises him regularly.

Yeah he needs to be better and he probably is overpaid for a goalie and in hindsight MB should have waited to sign him but we need to overpay to keep our stars in Montreal and the way I see it he's all we have. I love the man and the hockey player. This season was awful everyone but if he bounces back next year we can forget about it. People will always mention the salary if has a bad game here or there but if he bounces back to form he can make a good team great and a great team amazing. Unfortunately outside of the Olympics he's never had the opportunity to play behind a great team. Just mediocrity or worse every night in front of him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Price has been great for us, if not for him we would have sucked each year. But this year he was f***ing terrible. If you take goalies with at least 20 games played, he was 51st out of 56 in save % and 47th in the league in gaa. I could see someone like Lindgren doing that but a guy that just signed a 84M contract in the off-season and before it starts he goes from being one of the best goalies in the league to one of the worst. Of course fans are going to be pissed. Hopefully he rebounds and tells MB to go f*** himself and requests a trade.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Oh FFS, he's a freaking grown ass man playing in a performance-based only industry.
He thinks fans were against him? Euh...ya....because he ****ing sucked balls.

So he was touched by the ovation, ok man, that's cool. Totally fine. But I agree with ECW, it's pathetic for Waite to say this, like a Mom protecting her little baby boy.

Get healthy. Train. Come prepared and focused. Play hockey. Enough with the rest of this BS.
Should he have pulled a hissy fit ala Patrick Roy when things didn't go his way?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Should he have pulled a hissy fit ala Patrick Roy when things didn't go his way?
I don't care about Price, he isn't the one who twitted this.
Waite should have sftu about it. What is the purpose of this tweet do you think? Price gets no pity from me. I won't boo him if I go watch. I'll never boo Habs players. But I don't feel bad for him at all.

And if he thinks people turned on him so much so that he will cry when they cheer him...he's showing some pretty big weak signs mentally. People had every right to be upset with him this year, he sucked ass.

Reactions: Fergy22 and Maliki2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->