steen is overrated

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
terreur said:
I really like Steen... he needs to toughen up and improve his shot, but I think he will become a solid 2 liner and maybe a first liner. I think he'll become way better than Bulis
I don't really understand the knock on his shot, a lot of the goals I've seen him score are on great shots. He has a good back hander, and his wrist shot is strong. Maybe you guys are talking more about his snapper, or slap shot?

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
eddiedaeagle20 said:
I don't really understand the knock on his shot, a lot of the goals I've seen him score are on great shots. He has a good back hander, and his wrist shot is strong. Maybe you guys are talking more about his snapper, or slap shot?

Hmm..I havent really seen him take a Snaper or a Slapper...I dont remember if i have. His wrist shot seems to be good but his knock is that instead of taking a slap shot from close to the blue line, he takes a wrister which isnt that strong...if he takes it from where he normally should...about mid-way through the blue-line and the net...then its good. But if he takes it from the blue line..it looks really weak.

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
MaDdY said:
Hmm..I havent really seen him take a Snaper or a Slapper...I dont remember if i have. His wrist shot seems to be good but his knock is that instead of taking a slap shot from close to the blue line, he takes a wrister which isnt that strong...if he takes it from where he normally should...about mid-way through the blue-line and the net...then its good. But if he takes it from the blue line..it looks really weak.
Well he's not a d man, he shouldn't really be taking wristers from the point anyway.

AlMo

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Depending on who you talk he can be either over or underrated. IMO, Steen is a good two way with some decent hands and a potential 25-30 goal scorer. I don't see him as a strong first line player but more of a really good second line player. It is too early to tell because he wouldn't be the first or last rookie to be a bust after his first year but in Steen's case I highly doubt it happens. THe guy is a rookie, has made great strides and most importantly is pretty good in his own end already. The defensive side of the game is what usually makes a player a zedro from a hero so Steen is already one step ahead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad