Steen, Bernier, Eaves, Higgins

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
It's all a matter of opinion, but I would certainly like to know why you think a player like Higgins can't keep up offensively with Steen, Eaves or Bernier?

Higgins never really started scoring till after the all-star break and then they stuck him on the first line and he kept in up until the end of the season. The guy only had 7 goals before the end of Febuary, got on a hot streat then flamed out in the last 5 or so games and the playoffs. Doesn't exactly contince me, a non-habs fan that he has long term scoring potential that the other players have.

Next Best Thing*

i think its threads like these that make me realise what good shape the NHL is going forward. Not only are there true superstars under 25 for the first time in 10 years, but there are legitimate second tier guys that every team wants to go along with them. A few more deep drafts like 2003, and the NHL will be in its best shape in years.

As far as the comparison goes, I would say that no team would trade their player for any of the other ones, which means they are all of great value. A year from now we will have a better idea.

Agreed, and quoted for truth.

SammyTheBull

Dec 1, 2005
Eaves could get the most goals, possibly points, since he might be on the first line with Spezza and Heatley. Though I think Higgins is the most complete player in the group. I've seen Bernier play for the Moncton Wildcats and he was a Moosehead killer.

Eaves
Bernier
Steen
Higgins

Talent Analyst

Dec 24, 2005
100th years
I take Higgins and run :D

He's a leader , scorer , two-way , hard worker , great hand .

He will put 60 points next year , minimum . 30 goals 30 passes .

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
I take Higgins and run :D

He's a leader , scorer , two-way , hard worker , great hand .

He will put 60 points next year , minimum . 30 goals 30 passes .

Steen can do everything he can better :D

But in terms of points next year, i would definately go with Bernier #1, after that its anyone. It will probably be who they play with. If i had to guess

Bernier
Steen
Eaves
Higgins

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Higgins never really started scoring till after the all-star break and then they stuck him on the first line and he kept in up until the end of the season. The guy only had 7 goals before the end of Febuary, got on a hot streat then flamed out in the last 5 or so games and the playoffs. Doesn't exactly contince me, a non-habs fan that he has long term scoring potential that the other players have.

First of all: What All-Star-Break are you referring to? :D

I quess you meant the Olympics?!

If so, the same could be said for Bernier. He spent the majority of the season´s first half in the AHL and after being called up it took him some time to adjust. He finally started to put it all together and scored the most goals by a rookie not named A.O. after the Olympics.

I dunno about Higgins, but I don´t think that this timeline is a bad thing and indicates a fluke. I think it just shows you that it takes most rookies some time to adjust to the NHL, time to get their confidence, etc.

As far as point-projections go:

Eaves (he could drop if he doesn´t play on the topline)
Bernier
Steen
Higgins

As mentioned above, the wave of great young NHLer is a very good thing for the sport!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

It's not like they put him there for no reason. He played with Koivu because he deserved it. He was one of the only Habs who went to the net. Heck, he was on the fourth line and worked his way up to the...1b line:yo:

NewGuy

Jun 29, 2002
If so, the same could be said for Bernier. He spent the majority of the season´s first half in the AHL and after being called up it took him some time to adjust. He finally started to put it all together and scored the most goals by a rookie not named A.O. after the Olympics.

Actually Ovechkin and Higgins both had 16 goals after the Olympics. Bernier was 3rd with 13 goals.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/stati...alse&season=2006&seasontype=2&pos=r&split=142

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->