Confirmed with Link: Steen back!

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If you remove the fan from Strickland with his Tkachuk stuff, Stickland is a top insider. There was that recent summer where he broke everything. He called out Leddy a couple days before that deal went down, and this summer he's hinted at Steen and Hayes, and now Steen has come on board and Hayes is either coming or would have come.

Glad Steen is in the org officially. and I especially like the role, where we can have someone working more closely with our Euro prospects. Feels like a perfect fit where Steen can stay close to home and start his career in hockey ops, and we can help improve the development of our Euro guys.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
If you remove the fan from Strickland with his Tkachuk stuff, Stickland is a top insider. There was that recent summer where he broke everything. He called out Leddy a couple days before that deal went down, and this summer he's hinted at Steen and Hayes, and now Steen has come on board and Hayes is either coming or would have come.

Glad Steen is in the org officially. and I especially like the role, where we can have someone working more closely with our Euro prospects. Feels like a perfect fit where Steen can stay close to home and start his career in hockey ops, and we can help improve the development of our Euro guys.
I wonder if he’s worked with Robertsson. If not that’d be cool.

• Love
Reactions: Drubilly

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Official Title: European Player Development Consultant

Sounds like he will still be living in Sweden and is will be free to keep working for Sweden's international program. This feels like a total win-win. For Steen, he gets to occasionally pop back to St. Louis, but continue to live full time at home while he bolsters his Hockey Ops resume. For the Blues, he is a respected NHL veteran that can provide insight and experience for our European prospects.

Long term, I hope Steen rises through the ranks and finds his way into a full-time position with the Blues that has him in STL. But there is no need to rush that and this type of 'foot in the door' position is a great start that should keep all parties happy.

Great to have Steener back in the organization.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Couldn’t love it more. I’d love to see Backes in the organization in some capacity too. Neither guy was blessed with unbelievable athleticism(though Steen’s dad being an NHL legend certainly didn’t hurt) and they had tremendous careers on the back of hard work and hockey smarts. Backes I think would be great for Snuggy in particular. Either way, thrilled to have Steener back. Don’t think I’ve ever met a Blues fan that didn’t love him.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Sure would like an update on who actually makes up the Consulting Committee these days.

We here about these guys joining the organization as Consultants (Hitch, Chia Pet, L. Robinson, etc.) and then we never hear about these guys ever again.

Are they still here or what?

Be nice if someone would write an article and update the fans on who's who in Blue.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Sure would like an update on who actually makes up the Consulting Committee these days.

We here about these guys joining the organization as Consultants (Hitch, Chia Pet, L. Robinson, etc.) and then we never hear about these guys ever again.

Are they still here or what?

Be nice if someone would write an article and update the fans on who's who in Blue.

Reactions: Bluesguru

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis

Thanks! Kind of a bummer Larry Robinson isn’t part of the organization anymore.

Glad to see Chris Thornburn and Troy Brouwer getting jobs with team. And good to see Hitch’s name in there too. As well as Mellanby’s.

Reactions: Blueston

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Steen, even if allegedly was a dick in the locker room to media, was a stud and workhorse for the organization.

#WheresBoyesNow?
#2WayOrNoWay
#GetFuktToronto

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Steen, even if allegedly was a dick in the locker room to media, was a stud and workhorse for the organization.

#WheresBoyesNow?
#2WayOrNoWay
#GetFuktToronto

#WheresBoyesNow?
#2WayOrNoWay
#GetFuktToronto
I remember Paajarvi praising Steen for his mentoring and leadership. But Steen never seemed to have a smile on his face.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad