Steam Deck Announced - Reservations Start July 16th

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I play ps3 games on my samsung s20+ which processor is ridiculous in comparison. Many switch games look to be running pretty darn good on the steam deck so it's not the processor.

The key might be to cap the gpu usage. Seems people get far more demanding ps3 games to run well
The Switch is an easier system to emulate than the PS3.

I'm sure RPCS3 has received updates to improve performance since I tested it over a year ago. I've sold my deck so I can't try it myself.

This video shows the game running pretty well but you need to play using Xenia which only works on Windows.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattihp

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Ugh. Might not get another Stadia controller on the cheap. Most comfortable controller I have held and matching would have neen niced. What are some reasonable options?

How awful is this?

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Depends on what you're playing and how much you're playing. I only play indie games on it. I don't have any interest in playing some AAA game at low resolution and 30fps. On a full charge, I can usually play for a few hours before having to charge it and I'm never playing it that long in one sitting anyway. I'll charge mine between sessions if I plan on using it that often.

Reactions: mattihp

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Gotta rip some of my retro games onto it for my christmas trip.

Right now I am thinking about these

Gameboy advance
Backyard Hockey

SNES
Cyborg 009
Super Metroid

PS2
Buffy - chaos bleeds

Gamecube
Luigi's mansion

Wii
Mario kart

PS3
Must research first what runs well

People have also made strides with X360 emulation. Getting one of the EA NHL games might work well very soon

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Thought one of my controllers was broken, turns out that 7 Days to die only likes xbox and PS controllers. Will need to find custom controller settings.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

IMG_3799.gif

:sarcasm: :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Osprey

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Anyone pick up something interesting on the sale yet? I bought dbd (which I have on my ps5, but nice to be able to play away from home) and Generation Zero.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Just got an OLED version. This thing is amazing! I can’t believe the performance. Playing some Path of Exile and it’s not having any trouble. I’m so excited for this thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad