Steam #17 - PC gaming, sales, discussion, etc.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I'm tempted to buy some of these old star wars games that are on sale. Anyone played the steam versions of Tie Fighter or X-wing (I found a decently reviewed joystick for 50 bucks I might grab for them...)? I loved those games when I was a kid but I've read mixed reviews on how those games work now. Also interested in the original Battlefront and both KOTOR; would I realistically play those games? I'm not sure but for 3 bucks each...

Original Battlefront has a campaign, right?

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Anyone else having problems with Steam lately, as far as staying logged in?

It's been really odd for me for a couple weeks now. I do appear to be logged in, yet when I try to buy something, or post in discussions, it says I need to be logged in first. So I click 'log in' and after a few minutes of it 'verifying login information' it says there's a problem with the servers. Restarting Steam, and restarting my computer seem to have no effect.

It's just really strange because I can clearly see that I am logged in, but for some reason it just doesn't seem to recognize that when I try to do certain things.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I'm tempted to buy some of these old star wars games that are on sale. Anyone played the steam versions of Tie Fighter or X-wing (I found a decently reviewed joystick for 50 bucks I might grab for them...)? I loved those games when I was a kid but I've read mixed reviews on how those games work now. Also interested in the original Battlefront and both KOTOR; would I realistically play those games? I'm not sure but for 3 bucks each...

Original Battlefront has a campaign, right?

KOTOR yes! Old and clunky but still lots of fun IMO.

Battlefront...I'm not sure, I only played the second one of the originals (I think).

Anyone else having problems with Steam lately, as far as staying logged in?

It's been really odd for me for a couple weeks now. I do appear to be logged in, yet when I try to buy something, or post in discussions, it says I need to be logged in first. So I click 'log in' and after a few minutes of it 'verifying login information' it says there's a problem with the servers. Restarting Steam, and restarting my computer seem to have no effect.

It's just really strange because I can clearly see that I am logged in, but for some reason it just doesn't seem to recognize that when I try to do certain things.

I had that on Saturday but no problems since.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I have a "back up" 2TB HDD on my fun PC for some reason (I have no media...) so I might as well grab the KOTORs and throw em on there; it won't seem so lonely, just sitting there, empty haha.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hopefully Siege goes on a pretty nice sale. I have a few games I want but Siege is the main one I think.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Weirdly enough, I don't know what to buy.

I usually target stuff 2-3 years old. Assume I'm looking for Pillars of Eternity (should be a good sale with PoE II recently released) and Rise of the Tomb Raider this year among other stuff. Some other candidates like Hyper Light Drifter, Starbound, Gone Home, Rimworld , Age of Wonders III (which interestingly is at -75% this week already).

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I usually target stuff 2-3 years old. Assume I'm looking for Pillars of Eternity (should be a good sale with PoE II recently released) and Rise of the Tomb Raider this year among other stuff. Some other candidates like Hyper Light Drifter, Starbound, Gone Home, Rimworld , Age of Wonders III (which interestingly is at -75% this week already).

Make sure to get White March DLC with it. It's very much worth it for that DLC pack.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Well I got my first Steam refund.

I watched some game play of Monster Prom and thought the dialogue was kind of funny. I bought it, but it got stale extremely quickly and the game play is pretty boring without playing it party style.

Refunded it after about an hour.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
RIP Total Biscuit. He was definitely the most influential person in gaming media for me. He will be sorely missed. A lot of our other favorite YouTubers wouldn't be around if it wasn't for him. A lot of our favorite indie games would never have been known if it wasn't for him.

He was such a bright spot in gaming, it's a worse place without him.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
Sad news. I really enjoyed watching his 'WTF' videos from time to time. He was always interesting, informative, and well spoken. Sympathies to his family and friends. So sorry. RIP.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
-------------
If whoever grabs it can respond so I know to remove this post... that'd be great.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Destiny 2 -
Blizzard Battle.net

FC3L-QSCX-FWK8K-R49R-DD6P

Destiny 2 Planet of Peace Exclusive Emblem

6X9-VX9-J6L

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!

5LNDC-VT5TN-P0RC5

Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth

5VW5B-ZYKVA-6K066

If whoever grabs it can respond so I know to remove this post... that'd be great.
I took the Pillars of the Earth game - thanks!

Reactions: Kelly

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Destiny 2 -
Blizzard Battle.net

FC3L-QSCX-FWK8K-R49R-DD6P

Destiny 2 Planet of Peace Exclusive Emblem

6X9-VX9-J6L

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!

5LNDC-VT5TN-P0RC5

Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth

5VW5B-ZYKVA-6K066

Thanks claimed Destiny 2! Was hoping for Pillars but thats ok :)

Reactions: Kelly

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I'm actually using most of my humble keys this month, but if anyone wants Acceleration of SUGURI 2, PM me.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Bear With Me - Collector's Edition
BZK8H-P6KDL-JQK7G

Acceleration of SUGURI 2
C7924-JQ2V9-HVFX0

Overgrowth
RPBBI-TYNZX-0F0MT

Lost Castle
NKHPF-Y9CYP-VN66G

Splasher
M82QW-5WNIN-JZJ78

The Norwood Suite
MIECM-3TNWN-ZDEAI

Games I already have or won't play, so have at it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->