Steam #17 - PC gaming, sales, discussion, etc.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Massive update for Stellaris today and an accompanying sale

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
At least Into the Breach is pretty good.

Ugh, I let my most experienced pilot get killed when the train I was suppose to protect ran into him. :mad:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Picked up the low tier of humble bundle this time, so if anyone wants Kingdom: New Lands give me a PM.

EDIT: Sold!

Last edited:

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Went middle tier this time on Humble to finally try out SOMA (I'm scared).

Send a PM my way if you'd like to claim:

-Halcyon 6 (I rather enjoyed this game)

-Poly Bridge

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Side note, but Steam is currently advertising a free permanent copy of Crusader Kings II if you pick it up before tomorrow.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Side note, but Steam is currently advertising a free permanent copy of Crusader Kings II if you pick it up before tomorrow.

Thanks! Didn't see this one.

I've ended up with tons of these free games on Steam and Humble Bundle that I rarely play. I must have more free games than ones I've paid for by now.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Chrono Trigger's out on Steam? Neat, that's.... oh, it's of the mobile port?

.... ****ing why?
I was so f***ing mad when I saw that... I played Chrono Cross a ton and I've wanted to play Trigger, but can't find a hard copy anywhere for a reasonable price.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Pillars of Eternity II launches soon, and I know some on here were pretty excited for it.

I was interested in the first one but never got around to picking it up. I will admit, though, as soon as I saw a ship in this one my interest level skyrocketed. :laugh:

I'm wondering if skipping the first one will cause any plot issues to arise....

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Pillars of Eternity II launches soon, and I know some on here were pretty excited for it.

I was interested in the first one but never got around to picking it up. I will admit, though, as soon as I saw a ship in this one my interest level skyrocketed. :laugh:

I'm wondering if skipping the first one will cause any plot issues to arise....

From what little I've looked into it I suspect the relationship between games will be a lot like the one between Balders Gate 1 and 2. Probably good to have but you can still get into the game without it.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
A bit of a side note, but the biggest curator on Steam, TotalBiscuit, announced his retirement this week due to health concerns.

I of course wish him all the best and am saddened as I really enjoyed his content and personality.

For the purposes of this thread, I'm wondering if that will have a big impact on the Steam curation system which was already, at least IMO, inadequate. Without TB trying to drag it along it'll be worse I'm sure. For awhile there, he was really trying to make that work.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
The cancer not only came back with a vengeance, but it spread to his spine. Apparently he tried to get into a clinical trial to see if something more can be done, but he couldn't because of liver damage. He's basically lost all his options. At this point, he will be be spending as much time with his family as he can. :(

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Yeah, I don't blame him one bit. Guy's had a lot of ups and downs over the past couple years.

I guess he's still doing his podcast which is great, but the critique days are over while he focuses on health and family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->