Steam #17 - PC gaming, sales, discussion, etc.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
I wasn’t going to buy anything since I’m on vacation in asia, but decided to fly home in a month which means I had some extra money to buy games.

Bought Watch Dogs 2, Far Cry 4, Borderlands 2, Thief, Dirt 4, Project Zomboid and Sherlock Holmes the Devil's daughter

Last edited:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I did not buy a single thing this sale. Finally put my foot down. My backlog is absolutely enormous, and with the Humble monthly games rolling in, I just said no to myself.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Made my final purchase, only 24 hours left in the sale. Picked up:

Fallout 3 GOTY $10
Invisible, Inc. $5
Grow Home $2
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons $3
Tomb Raider (2013) $3
Steamworld Dig $2

Grow Home, Invisible Inc, and Brothers were all highly regarded on various Giantbomb.com top games of the year lists and their trailers looked intriguing enough to me for the buy.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I bought pretty much everything I wanted during the summer sale, so I haven't bought anything since then unless it was "unplanned" (like Hand Simulator) or one of my triple A games (AC: Origins).

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I picked up more during this sale than the past 3 or 4 combined...but that's really not saying much.

The Curious Expedition ~$6
Pyre - $10
Tooth and Tail - $12
They Are Billions - $22 (more of coincidental purchasing considering it was only 10% off)
SOMA - $10

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
They Are Billions looks really awesome, but also really raw. I'm debating picking it up, but leaning towards to waiting for an actual release.

Also, Pyre is fantastic. Good choice IMO.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Well, January humble bundle is here and I got some duplicates.

PM me if you're interested in:

Sleeping Dogs - Definitive Edition

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
How in the f*** do I contact steam? All of games are locked out for no reason. My autheticor was not working for some reason, now it says my account is completely locked out. I have looked and looked and looked but there appears to be no actual customer support. How the f*** do I fix this? It makes no sense that I just lost my entire account because their software broke. I have been a big steam supporter but this is worst thing I've seen.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
If I recall correctly, it's help.steampowered.com to contact them with account issues....although I don't know if you need to be logged in or not to do that.....

Sorry to hear about the problems. I love Steam, but unfortunately their customer service is not great. Good luck!

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
Yep, no phone support, just email at the address above. Do not send in multiple tickets though. Each new one sends you to the back of the line. Steam support is slightly better than before but it still is horrible. Good luck.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Turns out Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links is nostalgic crack for me. :laugh:

"Mobile" as hell (card packs and grinding, even a mild energy system, etc.), but since it showed up on my recommended Steam list it caught my eye. I'm up to 16 hours in the last week.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Anybody play getting over it? Seen Pewdiepew play it (usually not a fan) but it looked insanely fun when he was playing it, bought it earlier before work and plan on trying it once I get home.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Was thinking of creating a new thread for this (since its not Steam), but anyone here playing Legends of Aria? A new game being created in the image of Ultima Online.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I never got to play Ultima Online, sadly. Definitely wasn't old enough for it and I couldn't pay for it either.

I only played alittle, but my cousins were hardcore into it. We started to play Legends of Aria last night and I will say it is extremely hard. Not your typical MMORPG. There is zero hand holding and the "what am I supposed to do" is easily present. There are no "go here to get a quest" type of gameplay. My cousins said for a closed beta it is very very good. The creators have plans for the next two closed betas before the steam release in late Spring. Game will cost $40 (right now cheapest founders pack is $30)

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Since I purchased the Rockstar bundle for some odd reason, I have these available

GTA 3
Vice City

San Andreas

I feel like everyone probably has them already. PM me your e-mail if you want any of them.

Last edited:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
That's still pricy to even try it out.

Very true. Reason I can spend $30 on it is that I know that I will play once beta is done. For CB they plan to wipe and due to the number of people trying to play the server is very iffy atm. The devs are super active and really plan to make this as close to "perfect" for when they release.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
More keys to give away! Send me a PM if you'd like:

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
HIVESWAP: Act 1
Snake Pass
Life is Strange Complete Season

Last edited:

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Damn, I already have Dark Souls 3 and all the DLC. y u do dis humble bundle :<