Steal a guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Crosby- naturally.
Brule- bluechip center prospect coming out of the WHL. I'm guessing McPhee already has this kid's baby prints.
Jack Johnson- grittier Lidstrom?

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
For the Wild:

NHL
Dany Heatley - Nathan Horton - Jay Bouwmeester

Prospects
Sid Crosby - Dion Phaneuf - Jeff Carter

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
kmad said:
This thread should be "Post if you wish Crosby, Phaneuf and Lehtonen were in your farm system"

so true with the only exception being if your farm system already has one of those guys or a good goalie, then add the best young forward or dman you can think of to replace them.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
EroCaps said:
It's very possible that Ovechkin is crazy in his head and Zherdev is the safer pick?

:clap:

;)

To be honest with you, I don't know all that much about Zherdev. What I do know is that he has already made his NHL team, and done very well in the league, which in my estimation makes him ''safer'' (at least in one regard) than Ovechkin.

Speaking of ''Ovenchicken", I don't know too much about him either. I've seen him play a few games and I've seen him in a few interviews, and I got the impression that he is a really really strange guy. In my very humble very weak opinion, I think he has big time "crazy potential". :p:

EroCaps said:
I'm hearing Twilight Zone music, the lights are growing dim Frankie, the homeristic Canadian media is everywhere!

I wouldn't blame the Canadian media for my opinion, as I've been to Canada all of twice in my life. I actually live only a few hundred miles from Mexico, and have all of my life. In fact, you've shocked me a bit in informing me that Canada even HAS a media :sarcasm: . I think you''d be better served blaming my ignorance in forming such an opinion about these two guys. :)

rt

May 13, 2004
NYR469 said:
so true with the only exception being if your farm system already has one of those guys or a good goalie, then add the best young forward or dman you can think of to replace them.

Yeah, except that the thread starter encouraged people to be creative in their selections.

rt

May 13, 2004
toad quraishi said:
sidney crosby - the oilers could use a franchise center capable of breaking wayne gretzky's records

dion phaneuf - the oilers could use a future franchise d-man

kari lehtonen - the oilers could use a future franchise goalie

Couldn't every team use all of those things? Or was that the point, and my sarcasm detector is on the fritz this morning?

shelovesshanny

Feb 11, 2004
Littleton, Colorado
I'd like to see the Wings "steal":

1. Marty Turco - would be fun to watch Turco's and Legace's hot streaks.

2. Alexander Semin - think he would work really well on the other end of Datsyuk.

3. Scott Hartnell - to bring in a young grinder with some more energy.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
DJmastamind said:
I'll take Pittsburgh.

Vincent Lecavalier-Strong scoring center; Will provide the scoring threat we need on a constant basis.

Dion phaneuf-Strong punishing defenseman we need.

Phil Kessel-Another scorer to fill out the top two lines.

Vincent Lecavalier? Then where is Crosby or Malkin going to play? Fourth line? ;)

Down the middle:

Mario
Vinny
Crosby
Malkin

I think that center right now may be a need we already have pretty well filled, and with a bit of luck could have amazingly filled. Though granted, who could turn down Vinny?

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Epsilon said:
I doubt it. He's never played there to the best of my knowledge, and his playmaking skills, vision of the ice, and defense are really nothing special.

Not to mention he's a puckhog, floater, and doesn't play on the PK. For shame, 20 year old player, for shame.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
toad quraishi said:
sidney crosby - the oilers could use a franchise center capable of breaking wayne gretzky's records

Noone will ever break Gretzky's records! We all know that. Today the scoring leaders barely put up 90 points, while before the leaders had twice as many.

DJmastamind

Jan 26, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
www.beckett.com
Jaded-Fan said:
Vincent Lecavalier? Then where is Crosby or Malkin going to play? Fourth line? ;)

Down the middle:

Mario
Vinny
Crosby
Malkin

I think that center right now may be a need we already have pretty well filled, and with a bit of luck could have amazingly filled. Though granted, who could turn down Vinny?

:) That'd be a deep team :)

Maybe have this:

Mario-Vinny-Crosby
Malone-Malkin-Recchi
Abid-Kraft-Koltsov
Pirjeta-Eastwood-Fata

ok, well maybe that isn't so deep after all, but the first two lines are great :handclap:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
DJmastamind said:
:) That'd be a deep team :)

Maybe have this:

Mario-Vinny-Crosby
Malone-Malkin-Recchi
Abid-Kraft-Koltsov
Pirjeta-Eastwood-Fata

ok, well maybe that isn't so deep after all, but the first two lines are great :handclap:

Vinny and Crosby are both centers, not that either does not ahve the ability to play a wing position, but it would likely be a waste of their natural position, wouldn't it? you would be rolling out Malkin or Mario or Crosby on your checking 4th line though.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
rt said:
Yeah, except that the thread starter encouraged people to be creative in their selections.

yeah but how creative are going to be?? obviously everyone is going to want to steal the best players so its basically 'name the best 3 prospects not from your favorite team'

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Edmonton: Pronger, Lecavailer, Luongo

Smyth - Lecavalier - Hemsky
Torres - York - Dvorak
Moreau - Reasoner - Pisani
Isbister - Horcoff - Laraque

Pronger - Brewer
Smith - Staios
Ulanov - Semenov

Luongo
Conklin

Last edited:

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Nashville: Naslund, Thornton, Pronger

Naslund - Thornton - Sullivan
Hartnell - Legwand - Walker
Erat - Johnson - Hall
Orszagh - Arkhipov - Tootoo

Timonen - Pronger
Zidlicky - Eaton
Hamhuis - Lilja

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Darth Oz said:
Not to mention he's a puckhog, floater, and doesn't play on the PK. For shame, 20 year old player, for shame.

:shakehead

You do realize that playing center isn't just something one picks up overnight? Being young doesn't automatically mean a player can just bounce into the most demanding of the three forward positions when they get older. If you seriously think Nash would work well at center you are probably just being a fanboy. He's about as prototypical a winger as one can be.

rt

May 13, 2004
NYR469 said:
yeah but how creative are going to be?? obviously everyone is going to want to steal the best players so its basically 'name the best 3 prospects not from your favorite team'

Choose prospects that you especially like, or that fit your team especially well. :dunno: I'm sure I could find a better RW prospect than Patrick Eaves but I took him anyway because he's a guy I've always liked. Same with Emery in goal. With Ovechkin, I guess I was selfish :blush: .

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
habs

heatley
pronger
jere lethinen

ryder-koivu-heatley
zednick-ribeiro-perezhogin
bulis-bonk-lethinen ( what a line :eek: )
higgins-begin-ward

souray-pronger
markov-komisarek
bouillon-rivet

theo
huet

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
gretzky99 said:
It seems that pretty much every good player "Almost" was traded to the leafs.

We've been over this already. Lecavalier was going to the Leafs before Tampa Bay ownership shot the deal down. Bill Watters has confirmed it, Rick Dudley has confirmed it. He was almost a Leaf.

feff

Feb 17, 2003
Tokyo
Visit site
For Calgary:

Heatley - bring him home.

Chara - Shaping up to me a mighty fine defense.

With Phaneuf in the pipe I'll stay away from D-men and gamble with Tuomo Ruutu. He'd fit in nicely in the system Sutter has set up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->