Steal a guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Here's how this thread will work...Name your team and take 3 guys who could really help your team. Only 1 per team. The most creative will pick role players too...I'll start...

Washington Capitals

Rick Nash-The Caps have needed a center forever. This guy would anchor us for the next 10-15 years and fit with the youth movement.

Ryan Stone-Has chemistry with Fehr and both would help each other reach max potential.

Dion Phaneuf-The Caps other major need is defense and grit. Phaneuf brings both in a package.

Next!

Hemsky is a gangsta

Hemsky is a gangsta
Jun 23, 2004
re

sidney crosby - the oilers could use a franchise center capable of breaking wayne gretzky's records

dion phaneuf - the oilers could use a future franchise d-man

kari lehtonen - the oilers could use a future franchise goalie

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
borro said:
Here's how this thread will work...Name your team and take 3 guys who could really help your team. Only 1 per team. The most creative will pick role players too...I'll start...

Washington Capitals

Rick Nash-The Caps have needed a center forever. This guy would anchor us for the next 10-15 years and fit with the youth movement.

Ryan Stone-Has chemistry with Fehr and both would help each other reach max potential.

Dion Phaneuf-The Caps other major need is defense and grit. Phaneuf brings both in a package.

Next!

Except that Nash is not a center...

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Epsilon said:
Except that Nash is not a center...

Quite correct...so much for that logic. I'd still take him at LW even though Ovechkin and Semin are there. I doubt they stay at LW. I really need to find a big center that's young...

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
borro said:
Quite correct...so much for that logic. I'd still take him at LW even though Ovechkin and Semin are there. I doubt they stay at LW. I really need to find a big center that's young...

I guess I'll go Spezza. Since Crosby isn't on a team yet, you can't really steal him.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
This thread should be "Post if you wish Crosby, Phaneuf and Lehtonen were in your farm system"

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
For the Toronto Maple Leafs :)

Prospects.

Jeff Carter - to take over as Leafs franchise player after Sundin is done.

Kari Lehtonen - To take over Belfour when he is done.

Ryan Suter - Next top D-Man.

Professionals.

Vinny Lecavalier - Almost came to the Leafs one year through trade... :banghead:

Dan Hamhuis - He's going to be a fine D-Man or Joni Pitkanen - Im high on D-Men.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Epsilon said:
I doubt it. He's never played there to the best of my knowledge, and his playmaking skills, vision of the ice, and defense are really nothing special.
Who would be the best playmaking center in ther game now? I'm looking for someone under 25 to center Ovechkin and Semin or Fehr?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Three prospects for Phoenix:

1. LW - Alexander Ovechkin: A big improvement over Brett Hull on our top line. Zherdev is probably a safer pick, as he is more proven, but I think Ovechkin could be worth the gamble, even though it is very possible that he is crazy in his head.

2. G - Ray Emery: Phoenix is very thin in goal. He and LeNevue are very different goalies, and that difference in style could breed a very nice competition.

3. RW - Patrick Eaves: I think he could step right in. He's great energy guy and has potential to be alot more. Although, if Jordin Tootoo qualifies as a prospect, I might have to pick him, as he would probably help to put butts in Glendale Arena's shiney new seats.

PHX's projected '04-'05 lineup:

Forwards:
Ovechkin - Comrie - Doan
Nagy - Nedved - Kolanos
Saprykin - Ricci - Johnson
Nash - Rupp - Eaves/Tootoo

Defensemen:
Morris - Gauthier
Mara - Hulse
Tanabe - O'Donnell

Goalies:
Some combination of Boucher, LeNevue, Johnson, Emery

With NHL ready guys like Hull, Chimera, Cleary, Devereaux, Savage, Nazarov, Doull, Sjostrom, Taffe, Ference, Spiller, and whomever loses the goalie battle all on the outside looking in, there is quite a bit of room for trades, as well.

Last edited:

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
borro said:
Who would be the best playmaking center in ther game now? I'm looking for someone under 25 to center Ovechkin and Semin or Fehr?

Your best bets are probably Jason Spezza if you want an NHLer, or Evgeni Malkin if you want a prospect.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
borro said:

VINCENT LECAVALIER . . . though technically he is 26.

Under 25? Malkin of course . . . afterall he is already better than AO . . . ;)

gretzky99

MaDdY said:
For the Toronto Maple Leafs :)

Prospects.

Jeff Carter - to take over as Leafs franchise player after Sundin is done.

Kari Lehtonen - To take over Belfour when he is done.

Ryan Suter - Next top D-Man.

Professionals.

Vinny Lecavalier - Almost came to the Leafs one year through trade... :banghead:

Dan Hamhuis - He's going to be a fine D-Man or Joni Pitkanen - Im high on D-Men.

It seems that pretty much every good player "Almost" was traded to the leafs.

Shy Cheetah

Feb 28, 2002
Caprica City
Visit site
For the Canucks, assuming Naslunds still on the team, I'd go young yet dominant, C, D, G.

Thorton

Chara

Luongo.

fit in perfect with the age group of the core. would be dominant for the next 10 years. Shy.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
rt said:
Three prospects for Phoenix:

1. LW - Alexander Ovechkin: A big improvement over Brett Hull on our top line. Zherdev is probably a safer pick, as he is more proven, but I think Ovechkin could be worth the gamble, even though it is very possible that he is crazy in his head.

2. G - Ray Emery: Phoenix is very thin in goal. He and LeNevue are very different goalies, and that difference in style could breed a very nice competition.

3. RW - Patrick Eaves: I think he could step right in. He's great energy guy and has potential to be alot more. Although, if Jordin Tootoo qualifies as a prospect, I might have to pick him, as he would probably help to put butts in Glendale Arena's shiney new seats.

PHX's projected '04-'05 lineup:

Forwards:
Ovechkin - Comrie - Doan
Nagy - Nedved - Kolanos
Saprykin - Ricci - Johnson
Nash - Rupp - Eaves/Tootoo

Defensemen:
Morris - Gauthier
Mara - Hulse
Tanabe - O'Donnell

Goalies:
Some combination of Boucher, LeNevue, Johnson, Emery

With NHL ready guys like Hull, Chimera, Cleary, Devereaux, Savage, Nazarov, Doull, Sjostrom, Taffe, Ference, Spiller, and whomever loses the goalie battle all on the outside looking in, there is quite a bit of room for trades, as well.

It's very possible that Ovechkin is crazy in his head and Zherdev is the safer pick?

:clap:

I'm hearing Twilight Zone music, the lights are growing dim Frankie, the homeristic Canadian media is everywhere!

;)

Thornton97

Nov 18, 2004
Carrollton, TX
borro said:

For pure playmaking ability, I might vote for Scott Gomez. He will fit your age range.

DJmastamind

Jan 26, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
www.beckett.com
I'll take Pittsburgh.

Vincent Lecavalier-Strong scoring center; Will provide the scoring threat we need on a constant basis.

Dion phaneuf-Strong punishing defenseman we need.

Phil Kessel-Another scorer to fill out the top two lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad