Stay-at-home NHLers lazy shiftless hobos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
bling said:
I take umbrage at your assumption that Goodenow is the villian in this dispute. People are passionate on both sides of the issue. Your villian is Goodenow, mine is the faceless sniveling hoard of team owners who use Bettman as their frontman and "spokesmodel".
Thats why I put it in quotes. Some people see him as the villain, thats neither here nor there. But if someone comes in and says he's the greatest thing to happen to hockey in an obvious attempt to push buttons on an emotional subject, then I see that as baiting.

Sort of like if I said Bertuzzi is the best thing to happen to hockey this year. We should all be fans of him for all he's done for hockey. Look at all the press he got. NHL hockey on the front page of so many papers, magazines, etc. And since we all know that no press is bad press, he should be applauded for bringing NHL hockey into the limelight.

I dont think anyone is the villain, but neither side has a frontman that deserves to be treated as someone who is looking out for the betterment of hockey.

MacDaddy TLC*

Isles72 said:

I strongly suggest clicking on Repairman's profile and reading every thread started by the BR. The guy is a comedic genius.

and I'm not just saying that because I married his second wife and he provides a substantial alimony package with full dental benefits.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
MacDaddy Version 1.3 said:
I doubt you are the spokesperson for 99% of the board. Myabe a popularity poll in the lounge is in order.

Ahhh, we have an HF crush. How cute.

But seriously, how many of his posts could be classified as "Trolling/Baiting - purposefully trying to inflame/incite other users", especially during the Calgary playoffs. It doesnt bother me, but it sometimes makes the boards look bush. He's well written, but deserving of a genius tag and a poll? Wow.

But I guess some people need alternative heros with no hockey season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->