State of the teams

johnnydrum

Oct 17, 2006
United Kingdom
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=66951483&postcount=60

Draft Day today!
I am expecting a lot of activity.
Still wanting to work on the above thread, in order to help out other far away fans to get an insight on "who`s who in the Q":
Keen to add some more details in #57`s "mint" team by team section, such as "Key Off season Trades/ Acquisitions / Returning Top Scorer/ Returning Goalie/ 2012 Draft Pick and 2013 Pick)

Have a great day, and I hope everyone gets what they want.

(Note after breakfast: Added "Returning Top Scorers" to Team by Team guide.)

Last edited:

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I really like what some of these teams have done. Gatineau seems to be upgraded with Dunn. Askew and Sprong are big draft picks by DRU and CHA. VD made a good move by acquiring Marcotte. I don't think it was a good move though for CAP to move their first 2014. Bathurst looks to be decent next year even though they unloaded Lalancette and Brouillard.

I'm a little underwhelmed by the non-moves from BB. It looks like they will once again relie on their scouts with one 2nd rounder and three 3rd rounders. Training camp should be interesting.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Top teams: Gatineau, Rimouski, Baie-Comeau, Rouyn-Noranda

Wildcards: Halifax, Quebec

Should be decent: Victoriaville, Drummondville, Bathurst, Boisbriand, Val d'Or, Chalottetown

Will need to put up a fight: Sherbrooke, Chicoutimi, Saint John, Moncton, Shawinigan, Cap Breton

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Top teams: Gatineau, Rimouski, Baie-Comeau, Rouyn-Noranda

Wildcards: Halifax, Quebec

Should be decent: Victoriaville, Drummondville, Bathurst, Boisbriand, Val d'Or, Chalottetown

Will need to put up a fight: Sherbrooke, Chicoutimi, Saint John, Moncton, Shawinigan, Cap Breton

Halifax looks like it could take the division even without Drouin or MacKinnon back. Charlottetown could be going on a mini retool getting younger... Saint John got their guy, Noel should be fun to watch but won't win a lot next year either probably... Cape Breton made an interesting trade, still a cellar dweller... Bathurst traded or lost all their goal scoring, I think they fit into the put up a fight category. I'd say switch them with Sherbrooke. Depending on how their goalie trade will go, and the crop of 95/96's they get, Bathurst should look at 14-15 for a contention year, or the year after.
Gatineau have used some of their assets well, could win the West next year.

tomahawk

Jun 11, 2006
Looking forward to a "State of the Teams" analysis after the draft dust settles.

ZombieRegDunlop

Sep 27, 2007
I really like what some of these teams have done. Gatineau seems to be upgraded with Dunn. Askew and Sprong are big draft picks by DRU and CHA. VD made a good move by acquiring Marcotte. I don't think it was a good move though for CAP to move their first 2014. Bathurst looks to be decent next year even though they unloaded Lalancette and Brouillard.

I'm a little underwhelmed by the non-moves from BB. It looks like they will once again relie on their scouts with one 2nd rounder and three 3rd rounders. Training camp should be interesting.

That was my original thinking too......but we have Carrier and Hache as 1994's.....both could get us back in the 1st round next year. And, unfortunately, Nicolas Roy. I'm sure it was a calculated move on the part of Dumont, moving our 2014 1st rounder. If the rules are the same, we get the 5th pick next year and maybe another one for Roy in a trade if we can move him in that limited window.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
That was my original thinking too......but we have Carrier and Hache as 1994's.....both could get us back in the 1st round next year. And, unfortunately, Nicolas Roy. I'm sure it was a calculated move on the part of Dumont, moving our 2014 1st rounder. If the rules are the same, we get the 5th pick next year and maybe another one for Roy in a trade if we can move him in that limited window.
What's the deal on that ?

5th for forfeit plus whatever you can trade him for ?

ZombieRegDunlop

Sep 27, 2007
What's the deal on that ?

5th for forfeit plus whatever you can trade him for ?

Yeah, plus a 2nd rounder apparently in 2014. I thought they were closing that option (Carl Neill in Val-D'Or), but Dumont told the local paper as much. I think the moves Val-D'Or made with Gatineau in the top half of the 1st round might be setting the table for something with the Screaming Eagles. It seemed like a weird transaction at first....6th overall for 9th and 10th overall.....but I have a suspicion that in the bigger picture it'll make more sense come September.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Yeah, plus a 2nd rounder apparently in 2014. I thought they were closing that option (Carl Neill in Val-D'Or), but Dumont told the local paper as much. I think the moves Val-D'Or made with Gatineau in the top half of the 1st round might be setting the table for something with the Screaming Eagles. It seemed like a weird transaction at first....6th overall for 9th and 10th overall.....but I have a suspicion that in the bigger picture it'll make more sense come September.

I wonder how much Roy will fetch..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad