Stat Request!!

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
One of you guys could probably do this….

I’m looking for a list of Career Even Strength Points Per Game, adjusted to yearly scoring averages, and cut off before the player is 36 (as this always kills points per game).

Thanks, in advance… 😛

Reactions: Hockey Stathead

Hockey Stathead

Aug 14, 2022
www.instagram.com
One of you guys could probably do this….

I’m looking for a list of Career Even Strength Points Per Game, adjusted to yearly scoring averages, and cut off before the player is 36 (as this always kills points per game).

Thanks, in advance… 😛
Here's the top-50.

Excludes age 36 and older seasons. Also excludes seasons before 1933-1934 when points were not split by manpower type (ES, PP, SH). Minimum of 300 games played to be on the list. Doesn't include 2022-2023.

These are unadjusted numbers.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
@Hockey Stathead

Just talking this out to myself, and looking for verification…..

I found the average goals against per team on hockey reference, AND the average powerplay goals against per team. So, i can easily get even strength (and shorthanded) goals per team, then divide by number of games for a Evenstrength (and shorthanded) goals per game for the league?

I luckily started in 80-81, and it came to exactly 3 non powerplay goals per game per team.

So, i should be able to go year by year and get a ratio to adjust to for that year, and then adjust any player season i want by that….?

Hockey Stathead

Aug 14, 2022
www.instagram.com
@Hockey Stathead

Just talking this out to myself, and looking for verification…..

I found the average goals against per team on hockey reference, AND the average powerplay goals against per team. So, i can easily get even strength (and shorthanded) goals per team, then divide by number of games for a Evenstrength (and shorthanded) goals per game for the league?

I luckily started in 80-81, and it came to exactly 3 non powerplay goals per game per team.

So, i should be able to go year by year and get a ratio to adjust to for that year, and then adjust any player season i want by that….?
This should be easier using a buildup from player data instead of team data.

This is missing around 10 goalie goals that won't make any meaningful difference.

1.png
2.png
3.png

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
i just did from 1980-81 until last year, manually.

my numbers are slightly, consistently lower than yours

I got interesting results… kind of what i expected

i matched every year to 3 goals per game after removing powerplays. Then took the best per game guy with over 60 games played (so three years in that time period were writeoffs) and ratio’d him to 80 games played, 3 goals per game.

not a ton of spread between top players year to year, except for Gretzky with the Oilers and Lemieux 92-93, and a year where Jiri Hudler was the guy!! Everything else falls between 95-125

thanks for the help

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad