Stastny vs Parise (Fantasy Standpoint)

nell789

Nov 28, 2006
Who is going to have the better offensive stats for the next 5 years? A few things to consider:

Similar numbers this year, while getting similar ice time.

Stastny has 32 points, equalling Parise's output from his rookie season, but in half the time.

Just from those two points, Stastny seems like the obvious choice, but I don't buy it for some reason.

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
Who is going to have the better offensive stats for the next 5 years? A few things to consider:

Similar numbers this year, while getting similar ice time.

Stastny has 32 points, equalling Parise's output from his rookie season, but in half the time.

Just from those two points, Stastny seems like the obvious choice, but I don't buy it for some reason.

SKillwise, Zach Parise. Stastny brought other things, though.

Marty30

Jun 20, 2006
Parise.. and its not because i am a devils fan. Statsny is a good player, but parise will be better.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Pointwise I could see Stastny put up more points. Colorado is always close to the top of the league in scoring.

Subzero

Jul 28, 2006
Colorado
stastny by far. His dad was the 2nd leading points player in the 80's behind only gretzky. I think Id give the edge to Stastny over parise based solely on his genes.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
stastny by far. His dad was the 2nd leading points player in the 80's behind only gretzky. I think Id give the edge to Stastny over parise based solely on his genes.

lol

Zach, especially when you think about the potential possibility of Gomez leaving this summer and Parise moving up b/w Elias and Gio.

Take Zach.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site

This has got to be the worst logic I think I've ever read. I don't think Yan Stastny is going to become a prolific NHL scorer in the near future. Brent Gretzky didn't seem to equal his brothers output.

One thing to keep in mind for Parise's rookie season, is that he was buried on the 4th line with a coach that essentially made every wrong decision the half of the season. When Lamoriello took over during the 2nd half, he was finally given the chance to produce with skilled players that fit his style (not Mogilny and Kozlov). If he was given the opportunity earlier his season statistics would have been much better.

Subzero

Jul 28, 2006
Colorado
Say whatever you want about my reasoning, I'm still taking Stastny over Parise. The kid's passing and hockey sense is amazing for a rookie. Sure Yan Stastny has put it all together(there probably isn't much more to put together) but you'd think that at least 1 of his kids would be a great player. OT. I love your avatar. Elias is my favorite player in the nhl after Sakic

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Call me crazy but I think they are both going to be unreal players. Like Parise 1400 Career points and Stastny 1150 career points.

Those are honestly my expectations...

and I mean there are many reasons why

Pedigree, Dedication, Character, Skill, Passion, Drive, Captain-Like Futures, and being for lack of a better term perfect for the new NHL...

amazingly Parise went way later then he should have...and Stastny was a 2nd rounder.

The big thing for me is that people STILL don't realize how incredible Zach Parise is. There is honestly little difference Career potential wise between him and Joe Sakic.

Stastny is getting all this attention because he jumped somewhat suprisngly right from college and developed right away...

but Man Parise and that freaking 03 drafter, deeper then heck...

Parise if healthy will put up 1400 career points and Stastny 1150

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad