Starting Goalie Stats since Dec 1

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
You can't really take any meaning from a 10 or 12 game sample, but it's surprising to see Helvig play so well on a team loaded with firepower, but end up with a losing record.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
You can't really take any meaning from a 10 or 12 game sample, but it's surprising to see Helvig play so well on a team loaded with firepower, but end up with a losing record.

I would strongly disagree that you can't take any meaning from 10-12 games for a goalie. That's 2 months of games for a goalie, which is more than a quarter of the season. And yeah Helvig wasn't getting much help, but most of those games were before Vilardi/Pu/Jones/Day.

Also was surprised to see DiPietro leading just because of how bad Windsor is without him and was very surprised to see Villalta not in the top 3 in save % despite being 11-0-0-1 in that 2 month stretch

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I would strongly disagree that you can't take any meaning from 10-12 games for a goalie. That's 2 months of games for a goalie, which is more than a quarter of the season. And yeah Helvig wasn't getting much help, but most of those games were before Vilardi/Pu/Jones/Day.

Also was surprised to see DiPietro leading just because of how bad Windsor is without him and was very surprised to see Villalta not in the top 3 in save % despite being 11-0-0-1 in that 2 month stretch

Have you seen the Greyhounds play? I could go 11-0 in net for them. Kidding aside, goalies that see fewer than 30 shots a night are usually shortchanged by save percentage, as they see a greater proportion of prime chances like breakaways. He and Fulcher in particular have probably played better than a couple of goalies ahead of them, but it's hard to say. Propp has been very good for North Bay as well, despite the lower percentage.

Reactions: MoWanchuk1

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I think if Culina keeps playing like he has he will rise quickly. GA 2.92 SA%.912

Yeah. I was surprised to see Richardson that high though with the .911 save %. For some reason I thought he was struggling lately (guess not)

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Yeah. I was surprised to see Richardson that high though with the .911 save %. For some reason I thought he was struggling lately (guess not)
Richardson and McGonigle had a hideous 8 or 10 game stretch in which neither could stop a beachball and put the Rangers down by 2 or 3 golas by the 8 minute mark. I think a lot of issues with Richardson is his consistency, he will look like the second coming of Carey Price for a few games then Red-Light Radicot the next game. I suspect next season he'll be a lot more consistent and be one of the top goalies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
After two shut outs in a row Culina is now 2.70 GA and .919 SA%.
George Jefferson song "movin on up" fits nicely here. Nice pick up by Mike McKenzie. Never cost much at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->