Start Times...Too Late?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I understand the league is trying to avoid games overlapping. Yet, something needs to be done about these late starts. 10:35 e.t. puck drop in Anaheim/SJ & Vgk/LA? Bit much.

What can the league do to avoid this? The obvious answer is earlier starts. But, how difficult would it be to do this?

volcom92886

Feb 23, 2009
So Cal
I understand the league is trying to avoid games overlapping. Yet, something needs to be done about these late starts. 10:35 e.t. puck drop in Anaheim/SJ & Vgk/LA? Bit much.

What can the league do to avoid this? The obvious answer is earlier starts. But, how difficult would it be to do this?

What about your 4 430 PM PST starts, the majority of people on the west coast are still at work and will be for a few more hours. It works both ways

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
What about your 4 430 PM PST starts, the majority of people on the west coast are still at work and will be for a few more hours. It works both ways
Exactly.

You can't just please the East coast. The start times are fine. Obviously the teams that play out West are going to start their games around 7 just like anywhere else, I don't understand why people have a problem with that? The world doesn't revolve around the East Coast...

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I can see during the week you couldn't push it to early because of jobs and such but this weekend has had some weird scheduling. Games that start at 2 CDT, then a gap and 2 games overlapping and then a late game. Something definitely needs to be shifted.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Yeah but when have there been 4 pm pst starts these playoffs? How is the league going to attract young kids and such when they gotta be in bed? It's tough.

Are those kids buying tickets to the game? Fans on the west coast attending games need time to get home from work and get to the game like normal people.

Reactions: Drewcifer

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
My time zone in Europe is Eastern +7h. Stop complaining.

I'm 8 hours ahead of Eastern time/11 of Pacific right now. I wake up and see the third period of the West Coast games starting.

Was better when I was in Korea, which is 13/16 hours ahead. At least then you wake up and see both East Coast and West Coast games, just in the morning.

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
It’s completely understandable for games to be at 7:30 PST on weekdays, but it’d be nice for the EST fans to at least get the weekend games at a reasonable time. I mean Pitt/Philly played at 3 EST today, why not switch those two? Have Philly-Pitt play at 7:30 EST/4:30 PST and have Vegas/LA play at 3:00 EST/noon PST. That way your latest game ends at 10:30 for any time zone instead of 1:30.

Reactions: cptjeff

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I love it only because I work mostly afternoons or nights so I like having something to watch at 10pm. I remember for the brief 4 months I lived in California 15 years ago how much I hated having no late games

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
Love the mentality of the world needs to revolve around the east.

How can the game ever grow?!?

Do you even understand how much hockey has grown in places like California?

Their is no shortage of hockey for eastern fans. Western fans get screwed most as the don't get to watch most eastern games. Yet ironically hey never complain. Go figure

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
I work midnights, so for me, yes. I've watched a period and a half of the NHL playoffs. Instead, I've watched all of the liiga playoffs and have been surprisingly fine with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->