Pre-Game Talk: Start of the State Fair Road trip

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
Schedules been brutal to start, unnatural flow and a tough schedule.

conspiracy: NHL making it hard for Canes to get good attendance with tough schedule and weird schedule for bad results to start year which leads to bad attendance which leads to relocation.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
The road trip schedule is much better than last season. Wasn't it like 7 games to start the season, then back on the road a week later? That was just ridiculous.
Yep. NHL scheduling really f***ed us last year. I mean I get the State Fair part of the equation but they didn't need to front-load all those road games the way they did. With as young a team as we had that was a recipe for disaster. This year things are much friendlier and honestly I'll be disappointed if we're not (at least pace wise) in playoff position by Thanksgiving.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
This is the real problem we have coming later. You only get so many big gaps in the schedule each year, and ours is happening as almost an extension of training camp.
On the flip side, that gives more time for Stemp and TvR to get healthy, although we finally do have the depth to roll without them.

I hope our conditioning has gotten better. These games clustered together could get rough.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
On the flip side, that gives more time for Stemp and TvR to get healthy, although we finally do have the depth to roll without them.

Problem is though, the Canes will very likely have others banged up later in the season when a break is needed.

I hope our conditioning has gotten better. These games clustered together could get rough.

the only way to get into game shape, is to play games (captain obvious) and the lack of games means they aren't going to get in game shape as quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad