Start from scratch with replacement players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Habs13 said:
if the locked out players can play elsewhere, I don't see why the teams can't bring in replacements.. I've said this before, I'll follow and support ANYBODY wearing the Habs jersey.

Because your opinion is NOT the law. This seems to be something a lot of the pro-replacement player hacks on here have a difficult time understanding.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
no competative balance

go kim johnsson said:
At least my opinion made sense. What are you trying to say? Do we have to start bringing out lists of teams who made money and teams who made the playoffs and teams who went to the finals in the past 10 years?

means pissing NHL ammounts of money away and getting a NHL farm team.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
2 things to know about replacement players

1. they have been used before,

2. the sport that used them has a salary cap.

I think thats enough to know.

Wetcoaster

RLC said:
Are you telling me that the NHL is not allowed to fold, ending 100 years of NHl and the owners re-start as NAHL ( North American Hockey League ) ?
Yes with all logo's changing
Yes, I am telling you that.

Wetcoaster

Habs13 said:
if the locked out players can play elsewhere, I don't see why the teams can't bring in replacements.. I've said this before, I'll follow and support ANYBODY wearing the Habs jersey.

See post #20 in this thread. Labour law - that is why.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
If you guys want to see replacement player hockey why not go support the uhl, chl, or echl?

it does matter who is wearing the jersey in most large markets. the crowds that would show up wouldn't be worth it for the owners to even bring in replacment players.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Madevilz said:
I firmly belive that the owners will not settle down, for the first time you see they are staying strong. A cap is the only solution for them, and I doubt the NHLPA will accept it anytime soon. The season is certainly canceled, and next year is also doubtful. Now, about replacement players, some people say they dont want them, fine, but I still think the owners should use them. The ratings will be low, the hockey will be crap, for about a year or two. But then all the younger draftees like Crosby and Brule will eventually make it to the league. Give it 4-5 years and we'll have a league full of young talented players, all the cry babies from the NHLPA can go to europe for that matter.
And after this lockout,who's going to keep paying all those years to watch garbage hockey until a half decent product is finally iced?
I doubt there would be many.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
AM said:
means pissing NHL ammounts of money away and getting a NHL farm team.
Well I'm sorry that either (a) your team is a piss poor organization or (b) you live in a town with an AHL farm team and they must really have their ticket sales set high.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
monster_bertuzzi said:
A scab league with AHL players, roughly the 20% of NHL players that would cross the line (I'm guessing - why wouldn't they?), and top prospects would still be ggod hockey.

Aside from the impossibility of using replacement players, what makes you think all of the AHL players would suddenly cross a picket line to join the replacement NHL? Close to 20% of them are actually NHL players, or have at least played in the NHL. They wouldn't cross. Plus, players who actually have a future in the NHL might choose not to play as well, waiting for the real players to come back. This goes for current AHL / CHL / undrafted players as well. Think Sidney Crosby. He won't play in a replacement league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad