Pre-Game Talk: Stars vs Jets - Sunday Mar 18 6:30 pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Too bad about kulikov. But I’m so happy to see everyone else getting healthy. I think we would have beaten Nashville for first place if we had their level of health.

I think a health Jets team is capable of beating anyone in the playoffs. So let’s keep everyone healthy!

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Nasty.. I hope they don't need to fuse a disc.

You can go thru endless back surgeries to no avail -- just like Tiger Woods, and still have huge pain. In his case, the surgeries made his back worse.

Sometimes when they fuse a disc--that is the answer, and it worked for Tiger. The back is such a complex area, with tons of nerves, vertabrae etc. I hope they get it right. It's possible he may never return at 100% ??

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

You can go thru endless back surgeries to no avail -- just like Tiger Woods, and still have huge pain. In his case, the surgeries made his back worse.

Sometimes when they fuse a disc--that is the answer, and it worked for Tiger. The back is such a complex area, with tons of nerves, vertabrae etc. I hope they get it right. It's possible he may never return at 100% ??

I am no clinician/surgeon/neurobiologist (if it may please the court), but can hope for the antecedent that good things may happen in the wake of a disc fix. I wonder where he will go for his procedure? Here's hoping for Kuli. I like him. :thumbu:

Reactions: GNP

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I am no clinician/surgeon/neurobiologist (if it may please the court), but can hope for the antecedent that good things may happen in the wake of a disc fix. I wonder where he will go for his procedure? Here's hoping for Kuli. I like him. :thumbu:

26lluu.jpg

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Win this game and Jets pretty much seal 2nd place!

Side items
Helly adding to his wins record
Team adding to their home wins record
Laine chasing multiple history and padding some of historical season.
Others?

This is the game if Laine will have a change to beat ovie on Rocket. Historically he has done well against this team. So a massive game from him point (goals) will separate him from Malkin and keep pace with Ovie.

Hope Helly gets a few more shutout this will help him with the vezina chase. Top 3 finish will be awesome.

Wheeler in Hart conversation. Even Maurice as Coach of the year conversation. They should be top 3 also.

One of the best regular season years for both Jets 1.0 and 2.0

Go JETS GO.

KEEP IT GOING!!!

Maybe we should place PoMo on the 4th line or bench him because if he wins an award it'll just make it harder to resign him.

:teach:

Reactions: adammlis

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Maybe we should place PoMo on the 4th line or bench him because if he wins an award it'll just make it harder to resign him.

Maybe give him less coaching time. 1 period? When he do great with his line matching and deployment, shut him down in the 3rd period. Let the assistant coaches handle it :) ;)

Mo deserves to be praise this year. We don't know what goes behind close door but he has a buy it, granted team is winning so that make it easier. But he went with the management to go youth the last 2 years, and that could have backfired and ended his coaching career. He did pull through > so far... so he deserves at least that coach of the year recognition.

GO JETS GO!!!!

:teach:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm all for introducing the Scheif, Lowery and Toby slowly. I would rather over protect them at this point. We've been playing well enough without them to give Dallas all they can handle. Make sure they are fully healed. If we lose a game or two because of it now, so be it. We need those guys at 100% plus going into the playoffs.
I think what you are seeing is the very slow super cautious introduction back as it is because where we are standings wise. If we weren't gearing up for the playoffs I'm guessing all 3 of Scheifele, Lowry and Toby are already back. If you listen to Trouba he had to bang on Maurice's door for a week straight telling him he was ready before he got back in. You could tell by his play that he was more than ready. This isn't something people need to worry about IMO.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I'd like to see Little stay with Wheeler and Connor. Obviously Scheifele is great with those two but Little looked the best he has in a hot minute with them, and they played well off Little as well. I think Schiefele with Perreault and Armia has some real potential (or Roslovic, pushing Army down with Copp and Lowry.)

Armia seems to have struggled higher up in the lineup. I agree though that Maurice should experiment these last few games putting Scheif with some other players and evaluate how it works out. Having those other looks might come in handy during the playoffs.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Armia seem to have struggled higher up in the lineup. I agree though that Maurice should experiment these last few games putting Scheif with some other players and evaluate how it works out. Having those other looks might come in handy during the playoffs.

Perhaps Scheifele can be our new fourth line Jesus if he plays tomorrow?

Reactions: Jimby

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Do we see Lowry and enstrom back as Minnie has made 2nd place a race?
Why?
9 of 10 games the Wild play are against playoff teams which includes Boston, 2 vs Nashville 2 vs Dallas plus they finish the season (last 3 games in 4 nights) on the road (California trip).
People need to relax ... the teams fighting for a playoff spot are playing each other ... somebody has to lose.

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
S
Why?
9 of 10 games the Wild play are against playoff teams which includes Boston, 2 vs Nashville 2 vs Dallas. People need to relax the teams fighting for a playoff spot are playing each somebody has to lose.
So when do we see enstrom and Lowry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad