• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I think Gully is a very smart guy, I think he’s a good coach. I question if he’s a head coach though.

I think you're spot on. However I can't help but wonder if the problem is that he is being "enabled" to poor habitual player usage by management. Guys like Bartkowski and Glass should have been waived or never signed. Guys like Brouwer and Versteeg don't truly fit in a system that's supposed to be about playing "fast". Lazar should have been snuck through waivers to get him going in the AHL. I think management needs to force the coach's hand to play the players that will help us win - Bennett, Jankowski, Kulak, Mangiapane, Kylington, maybe even Andersson given how weak Stone has looked. The coach can handle the rest. Even Babcock has some terrible habits... think of guys like Cleary and Hunwick, or even how he strongarmed Tomas Tatar initially (Tatar was almost waiver fodder at one point).

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
What? We generated a ton 5-on-5. But more than that, the thing that really stuck out was that the Ducks basically generated no quality chances after Game 1. The team had virtually no breakdowns, but kept getting undone by hopeful, weak shots from bad positions that found their way in against the flow of play.
Also, unlucky bounces/deflections. IIRC in Game 3, three goals against were off flames skaters. One goal in Game 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad