What Jersey should I get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
this team cant even make a pass properly, the 4th line hasnt taken a pass cleanly all season it seems

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
The thing that bothers me about this bunch of guys is the potential is there, but the results never are. It's the same October every year.
Brouwer, Stajan, Glass, all useless. waive them, buy them out. I like Staj but if he wants to remain with the organization, make him an assistant coach or something.
I'm predicting this now, we're losing by a touchdown to Washington as usual. I can't believe how many times a team comes into Calgary on a back to back with a backup goalie and beat us. If we're on a back to back with our backup in , it's a guaranteed loss. Every f-ing time.
Man oh man. Frustration is strong with me.

Reactions: flames23

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
These games have been fairly brutal all year and it's indicative of whatever ****ty system GG is using.

The system was proven to work last year.

The Flames aren't losing because of their system, they're losing because they can't f***ing pass the puck from one player to another. How is that system-related?

If there's one concern with Gulutzan, it's not his system. It's his ability to get players to play it. That's just as important for a coach. It took him half a season last year, and just when you thought it was because he was a new coach, we're going through the same process again this season, which is super frustrating.

But at the end of the day, the players need to play. And right now they're failing in aspects that a coach can't control.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
this is the exact same crap as last year, players cant pass to each other to save their lives, except we could blame goaltending last year

Reactions: Sk8M8

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
The more I think about it, the more I want Sutter brought in. I think guys like Ferland, Lazar, Bennett, Janks, and Hathaway would thrive under him. I wouldn't be worried about the top 6 struggling in his system either.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
The more I think about it, the more I want Sutter brought in. I think guys like Ferland, Lazar, Bennett, Janks, and Hathaway would thrive under him. I wouldn't be worried about the top 6 struggling in his system either.

I get your point, but we've been an offensively challenged team for as long as I can remember almost. Since the late eighties, early nineties. Middle of the pack to bottom of the pack. This is painful year after year.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm not really worried long-term. I'm frustrated during a game like this, like anyone. But I think you need to kind of get a little carried away to think that this kind of lack of basic hockey talent will sustain much more of the season. I think when a team is struggling, you have to look at whether the root causes are repeatable or not. I don't think they are right now, which slightly assuages my frustration.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Awful game from the home side. Sloppy and indecisive the whole way through. The Stars totally shut us down in the third. THE DALLAS f***ING STARS!?!

Just get the puck hard to the net and drive there. Shouldn't be that f***ing difficult. Special teams needs to change it up. Try something different instead of trying to do something that obviously isn't working "better".

Also: Bring back Brodano

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'm not really worried long-term. I'm frustrated during a game like this, like anyone. But I think you need to kind of get a little carried away to think that this kind of lack of basic hockey talent will sustain much more of the season. I think when a team is struggling, you have to look at whether the root causes are repeatable or not. I don't think they are right now, which slightly assuages my frustration.

I'm sure the Flames will improve, I just really can't see them getting far with Gulutzan. I don't think he's the guy that can get the most out of this group.

Reactions: Sk8M8

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I can't wait for this team to put some damn effort it, they looked like they were out for a leisurely skate, not playing a game of hockey. They can't pass to each other to save their own lives, it's pathetic. If GG can't light a fire under this teams ass and get them to play his system we need some one who will.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton

What About our failures isn't repeatable right now? This is manure.

- The bottom six can't score at all. The fourth line has been an absolute tire fire all year. They cost a lot and don't do much on the ice. For some reason, the coach believes they are best suited to play in tight situations or when we need to score... and has consistently placed them in these scenarios through the first 1/8 of the season
- our special teams are brutal. The coach believes that Versteeg and Brouwer deserve top billing
- the players we were counting on stepping up haven't outside of Johnny money and tkachuk. Bennett has regressed, brodie and Hamilton seem to show up half the time and are list the other half, and no winger has really taken any step forward

How do you see these points ameliorating

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
What About our failures isn't repeatable right now? This is manure.

- The bottom six can't score at all. The fourth line has been an absolute tire fire all year. They cost a lot and don't do much on the ice. For some reason, the coach believes they are best suited to play in tight situations or when we need to score... and has consistently placed them in these scenarios through the first 1/8 of the season
- our special teams are brutal. The coach believes that Versteeg and Brouwer deserve top billing
- the players we were counting on stepping up haven't outside of Johnny money and tkachuk. Bennett has regressed, brodie and Hamilton seem to show up half the time and are list the other half, and no winger has really taken any step forward

How do you see these points ameliorating
Because every one of these points is caused by things like the inability to pass or receive a pass. And because we're talking about guys who have a track record of being able to make these plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad