Confirmed with Link: Stars sign Gavin Bayreuther (NCAA Free Agent Defenseman)

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Can't figure out if he blocks shots or hits better. Also, does he clear the crease better than he sticks up for teammates, or is it vice versa?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Brain...won't...compute...defense...

Only understands offense, speed, and possession.

New NHL Positions:

LW
C
RW
Rear Left Forward
Rear Right Forward

...Let's just drop the term "Defenseman" altogether...it's outdated ;)

I'm actually all for calling the defense position something like "guard", sooooooooooooooooo the jokes on you

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Can't figure out if he blocks shots or hits better. Also, does he clear the crease better than he sticks up for teammates, or is it vice versa?

If he can't stick up for his teammates then he should play tennis or a non team non contact sport IMO

Archgoat

Sep 29, 2011
thats the thing, it wasn't bad lmao but it devolved into "plz like my city" btwn buffalo/texas locals

always funny to see the stars fans who dont post WTB here show up on the mainboards

What is WTB?

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Gavin's coach:

"He’s not as proficient defensively yet, but he’ll get there,†Morris said."

Lol. Fits our system perfectly. ;)

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
It seems like everyone in the media thinks PTO now and AHL next year so all this ELC talk was for nothing.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I hope he realizes the track record Dallas has developing D men.

Right?! Haha.

I also hope, but doubt that Nill realizes our record for developing Dmen as well haha...

Not much to lose on this guy, that's the good news.

The question is, does Nill get it? Does he understand the importance of ACTUAL defense?

Does Ruff understand the importance of ACTUAL defense?

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Right?! Haha.

I also hope, but doubt that Nill realizes our record for developing Dmen as well haha...

Not much to lose on this guy, that's the good news.

The question is, does Nill get it? Does he understand the importance of ACTUAL defense?

Does Ruff understand the importance of ACTUAL defense?

Ruff won't be here next season so what does it matter what he thinks about defense?

Archgoat

Sep 29, 2011
maybe if you posted WTB more frequently you'd know

Ok, you don't have to be a ***** about it. I just asked a simple question. I guess I am not elite enough because I don't feel the need to post very often.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Ruff won't be here next season so what does it matter what he thinks about defense?

We shall see.

...and what if the problem with the defense is at least in part due to Nill's staffing of copious offensive D?...a coaching change may not solve it if that is the case...depending on to what extent it is the case if in fact it is.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
We shall see.

...and what if the problem with the defense is at least in part due to Nill's staffing of copious offensive D?...a coaching change may not solve it if that is the case...depending on to what extent it is the case if in fact it is.

We have one defenseman with more than 15 points.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003

I didn't say we had good ones haha. Klinger is a good offensive Dman. Honka is a good offensive Dman, but neither are much better than average in our own zone, at best.

As for the rest of our D, I think the new term for a defensemen that isn't good at any one thing, offense or defense, is "two-way" haha or a "puck moving D".:laugh:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

points are such a stupid metric to evaluate defensemen with

u fancy stat lovers should be able to provide stats like

- creases cleared per 60
- stuck up for teammates per 60
- locker room jokes cracked per 24 hrs
- shower detention time relTM

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I'm concerned that Bayreuth doesn't have the head movement he needs to adequately dodge punches. He needs a year at least of fighting in the AHL to get up to speed on his striking defense, and I'm not impressed by his uppercuts either. How can he stick up for his teammates enough to jump over Oleksiak into the lineup?

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I didn't say we had good ones haha. Klinger is a good offensive Dman. Honka is a good offensive Dman, but neither are much better than average in our own zone, at best.

As for the rest of our D, I think the new term for a defensemen that isn't good at any one thing, offense or defense, is "two-way" haha or a "puck moving D".:laugh:

Who needs "two-way" defenseman when you have plenty of "zero-way" defenseman :(

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Who needs "two-way" defenseman when you have plenty of "zero-way" defenseman :(

They are two ways of 1 Clearing the Crease and 2 Blocking Shots. This would be a good way of defensemen for us to get.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I'm concerned that Bayreuth doesn't have the head movement he needs to adequately dodge punches. He needs a year at least of fighting in the AHL to get up to speed on his striking defense, and I'm not impressed by his uppercuts either. How can he stick up for his teammates enough to jump over Oleksiak into the lineup?

im sick of the stars even looking at NCAA players

you cant fight in that league so how are they evaluating players?? and for the players you have drafted that go in that route... how do the Star`s develop their fighting and intangible skills?

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
im sick of the stars even looking at NCAA players

you cant fight in that league so how are they evaluating players?? and for the players you have drafted that go in that route... how do the Star`s develop their fighting and intangible skills?

I heard some NCAA guys go to class and skip crease clearing practice entirely. Then they leave college and they go no skills. What a time to be alive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad