"Stars of Russia" Tour?

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
I'm looking for more information on this "Stars of Russia" tour that apparently took place in the mid-90s and in later years. It seems like this involved Russian NHLers playing against Russians who were playing in Russia, is that correct? I've only been able to find a few videos on YouTube about this.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
There were six games that were held during the lockout in November, 1994. Russian all-stars consisted of the roster below and played games Vs. Spartak Moscow, Torpedo Yaroslavl, Torpedo Nizhniy Novgorod, Metallurg Magnitogorsk, Sibir Novosibirsk and CSKA Moscow. Some stats (in Russian) can be found here.

Team Russian All-stars roster:

Ryabchikov
Sidelnikov

Fetisov-Kasatonov
Malakhov-Kasparaitis
Gusarov-Yushkevich
Byakin-Babinov
Kanareikin

Kamensky-Larionov-Makarov
Mogilny-Fedorov-Bure
Prokhorov-Nemchinov-Borschevsky
Krutov-Semak-Zelepukin
Kovalev

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
There were six games that were held during the lockout in November, 1994. Russian all-stars consisted of the roster below and played games Vs. Spartak Moscow, Torpedo Yaroslavl, Torpedo Nizhniy Novgorod, Metallurg Magnitogorsk, Sibir Novosibirsk and CSKA Moscow. Some stats (in Russian) can be found here.

Team Russian All-stars roster:

Ryabchikov
Sidelnikov

Fetisov-Kasatonov
Malakhov-Kasparaitis
Gusarov-Yushkevich
Byakin-Babinov
Kanareikin

Kamensky-Larionov-Makarov
Mogilny-Fedorov-Bure
Prokhorov-Nemchinov-Borschevsky
Krutov-Semak-Zelepukin
Kovalev
Thanks. I saw footage of other "Stars of Russia" games as late as 2000. Were those the same format?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad