Star Wars: Dark Forces Remastered Announced

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Words can't describe how much I love Nightdive Studios... and now they're remastering one of my favorite games of all time. I've been wanting something official like this for a long, long time, but almost gave up hope, especially since it's part of the rejected EU and even contradicts Disney's new canon (about how the Death Star plans were obtained).

The gameplay graphics don't look any better than with The Force Engine (an excellent 3rd-party engine mod), but the watermark does say "pre-alpha," the cutscenes are still re-done and it'll be nice to finally have an official version for modern systems so that people won't need to use utilities and mods like The Force Engine, DarkXL and DOSBox to run it. It'll also be cool to have it available to modern console gamers.

Hopefully, this leads to Nightdive remastering Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, as well. I imagine that they intend to, and that would probably be an even bigger seller than this, but I'm really glad that they didn't skip the original.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
lot of star wars remakes going on, first this then the battlefront game

exciting times.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Still have this game on disk for PS1, just played it a few months actually. I was not super into Star Wars growing up, but this game was awesome (and Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast)

This game and Disruptor were my first forays into FPS games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad