Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1 | New York Islanders vs Carolina Hurricanes Series Discussion

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Good season guys, I didn't think this team would make the playoffs this year. I was wrong there. So from that stand point, got to give the organization credit for achieving that.

But for me, just making the playoffs and likely being a first rd casualty is not the goal. A championship caliber team should be. Or atleast the belief a team can catch fire, go on a run and potentially win a Cup. Never got the feeling with this team, like the feeling of back to back final 4 finishes, it was never destined to go on a run like Florida last year, or win a cup like St. Louis did from going last to a cup in season.

I will maintain as I said previously, this team needs to turn the page and go in another direction, a bold move is probably needed, The current core of players has reached their potential. Team will need to be creative, lots of contracts locked in, some are movable, some are not.

If Lou goes the status quo again, it will be a mistake in my opinion. He was the right GM when he was brought in, and added Barry Trotz to an underrated roster that came close, now is the time for him to be the right GM to go in a bold and new direction. Think the fans deserve it. Isles fans are one of the best in the league. Deserve a team they can get behind and be excited about.

Reactions: Green

Green

Nov 13, 2019
Good season guys, I didn't think this team would make the playoffs this year. I was wrong there. So from that stand point, got to give the organization credit for achieving that.

But for me, just making the playoffs and likely being a first rd casualty is not the goal. A championship caliber team should be. Or atleast the belief a team can catch fire, go on a run and potentially win a Cup. Never got the feeling with this team, like the feeling of back to back final 4 finishes, it was never destined to go on a run like Florida last year, or win a cup like St. Louis did from going last to a cup in season.

I will maintain as I said previously, this team needs to turn the page and go in another direction, a bold move is probably needed, The current core of players has reached their potential. Team will need to be creative, lots of contracts locked in, some are movable, some are not.

If Lou goes the status quo again, it will be a mistake in my opinion. He was the right GM when he was brought in, and added Barry Trotz to an underrated roster that came close, now is the time for him to be the right GM to go in a bold and new direction. Think the fans deserve it. Isles fans are one of the best in the league. Deserve a team they can get behind and be excited about.
That's what has to be done but I would say about 75% of the fans don't want to see it, and I will bet there is no way the management is going to do it, so the Islanders are going to be a 9-10 seed for the next 3 or 4 years, and they will be forced to rebuild at that point and it will be a long and a miserable re-build, I say the next 10-12 years is going to be a nightmare for Islander fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad