Series Talk: Stanley Cup Final VGK (West) vs Capitals (East)

Who wins the Stanley Cup, in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Oshie looks banged up & Backstrom's not been himself, but we'll need to contain Burakovsky's & Vrana's speed. Other than the first line, those are the guys who will need to make a difference if the Caps want to win.

The bolts and pens didn't really show speed and maybe that's a credit to the caps, but I felt like we saw better speed in the sharks and jets. I can't see our top line vs the caps top line keeping up. The caps will need to use a different line vs the Wild Bill line.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
The bolts and pens didn't really show speed and maybe that's a credit to the caps, but I felt like we saw better speed in the sharks and jets. I can't see our top line vs the caps top line keeping up. The caps will need to use a different line vs the Wild Bill line.

Agreed, but we still have to be concerned about them. Ovi is on a mission & Kuznetzov is so dangerous any time he's on the ice.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I watched back the two head to head games last night.

In December, we caught the Caps at the end of their back-to-back, having lost in a shocking last minute Coyotes goal to tie the game and then a Kaller goal at the end of overtime. They were skating in mud. We were making a lot of mistakes, but clearly outskating them.

In February, the entire game was a coin flip. Scoring went them us them us them us us. Both teams were crisp on the puck and skating well. It literally could have gone either way.

This is the first matchup of the playoffs that I don't feel confident our team is the superior one (goalie is part of the team, Jets fans). While they are slower than us, they do a great job getting in front of their goalie on defense, and Ovi's bombs and Kuznetsov's decisions need no rehashing.

If we get out there and play a good dog on bone game and Fleury does VGK Fleury, I believe we have even odds to take this. If we try to take games off like we did in the last two rounds, it could be the deciding factor that ends the team's journey to hoist the Cup.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Agreed, but we still have to be concerned about them. Ovi is on a mission & Kuznetzov is so dangerous any time he's on the ice.

If VGK can constantly keep the sticks in the way of their top line like we did vs the Jets with great backchecking, I feel good about limiting them from making good shots. We just can't give them room in the slot and in the Ovi Office. I also hope no one gets injured by a cheap shot by Wilson. And we can't give them PP. The amount of penalties we made in the playoffs so far has not been good. We were one of the least penalized teams in the regular season and thought that we'd have even less penalties as the refs wouldn't call as much penalties, but we have been sloppy.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Probably a guarantee they would. Unless you went and planted them at all the player's houses. :naughty:

They have written up people in my subdivision for those backyard string lights that look nice. Now if it was Christmas tree lights after January, I would understand, but some low brightness string lights?

Maybe flamingos would be ok if you planted them after a win then took them out a few days later. But for an extended period of time, I guarantee someone would complain not knowing what they represented.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Got one of the last seats at practice. Walked over to wait to get into store when they started windsprints. Was in line 20ish minutes to get into store. Then another 20+ minute line to pay.

Asked about SCF series pin. Should be in by Saturday.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Got one of the last seats at practice. Walked over to wait to get into store when they started windsprints. Was in line 20ish minutes to get into store. Then another 20+ minute line to pay.

Asked about SCF series pin. Should be in by Saturday.

Good to know about the pins, thanks.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Stop the idiocy. Listening to NHLNetwork radio and TV, they (especially certain commentators from the North) cannot contain their fanboy ecstasy about Tom Wilson.

Tom Wilson (b.1994) hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

He is the reason I detest hockey, sometimes. Of the top four sports in this country, this thuggery assures hockey its position in fifth.

Reaves and Engelland, and McNabb shouldn't have a difficult time with that schmuck, however.

Last edited:

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah, I got the ($29!!!!) patch and will be picking up my altered jersey after work today. Daughter is collecting the series pins.

Did you still see a lot of inaugural season tshirts? I've bought a few, but I know there were other styles I passed on that I should have bought and hope there are still some available. The next time I can go to CNA is on friday or saturday. I don't even want to imagine how busy it will be, but at least I live within a ten minute drive.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Well it pains me to do this again... but it would be nice if the Golden Knights could win 4 games for my little kitten who lost an eye a few weeks ago, and the vet thinks he may have developed brain lesions possibly from an infection as a result of the surgery, and he could barely stand, had zero balance, walked like a drunk and today we had to put him to sleep as he wasn’t going to have any quality of life.

Has not been a good year for us with cats, but each time something bad happens the Golden Knights respond by kicking ass... hopefully this can continue.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Well it pains me to do this again... but it would be nice if the Golden Knights could win 4 games for my little kitten who lost an eye a few weeks ago, and the vet thinks he may have developed brain lesions possibly from an infection as a result of the surgery, and he could barely stand, had zero balance, walked like a drunk and today we had to put him to sleep as he wasn’t going to have any quality of life.

Has not been a good year for us with cats, but each time something bad happens the Golden Knights respond by kicking ass... hopefully this can continue.
Damn. Really sorry to hear. RIP little kitty. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad