Series Talk: Stanley Cup Final VGK (West) vs Capitals (East)

Who wins the Stanley Cup, in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Looks like it's gonna be the Caps.

They won't be easy but honestly they've been beating Tampa primarily with neutral zone breakdowns by Tampa. When set up in the zone their offensive chances are pretty weak. I like our chances if our defense stays focused.

EC09

Cleveland Sports Fan
Jun 16, 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
No matter who wins, we get an interesting parade route.

Does the Vegas parade head down the strip? Gotta, right?
Does the Capitals parade head past the White House, the Capitol, etc?

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Should be a good series. "Capitals, come out to play. Capitals."

GComeouttoplay.gif

Reactions: Boris Zubov

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Alrighty fellas. I know the bandwagon is probably full by now but I'm pulling for you guys. Also, not to put additional pressure on the Knights but I have an avatar bet with another forum member that Vegas wins. If all else, win the cup for my forum dignity!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Last edited:

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Hard to believe: Meaningful hockey in Las Vegas in June ... with home ice advantage. :popcorn:

Let the George McPhee bowl begin. (GMGM was GM of the Caps 1997-2014. He acquired Ovechkin in the 2004 draft for the Caps.)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Just like in the Jets series, Wilson's another big, physical guy that's played a ton of hard minutes. Will he be able to keep up with the pace, or will the Capitals dictate the pace for stretches?

I can't see any other Capital slowing down except guys like DSP and Orpik.

People say they're used to a quick team like the Lightning, but they didn't really move the puck well in that series. They didn't make them skate like the Knights can.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Just like in the Jets series, Wilson's another big, physical guy that's played a ton of hard minutes. Will he be able to keep up with the pace, or will the Capitals dictate the pace for stretches?

I can't see any other Capital slowing down except guys like DSP and Orpik.

People say they're used to a quick team like the Lightning, but they didn't really move the puck well in that series. They didn't make them skate like the Knights can.

Oshie looks banged up & Backstrom's not been himself, but we'll need to contain Burakovsky's & Vrana's speed. Other than the first line, those are the guys who will need to make a difference if the Caps want to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad