Series Talk: Stanley Cup Final VGK (West) vs Capitals (East)

Who wins the Stanley Cup, in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Let's let that sink in.

Stanley. Cup. Final.

First expansion inaugural team who had to earn their way into SCF in their first year.

If TB wins ECF , they have home ice advantage. If Washington wins ECF, Vegas has home ice advantage.

If TB wins in 6 games, guessing Thursday-Saturday start of series.
If TB wins in 7, guessing Saturday start.
Washington wins (in 7), guessing Friday-Sunday start (in VGK).

(TB Amalie Arena has conflict 6/2. WAS Capital One arena has 5/27, 6/2, 6/3 conflicts. VGK T-Mobile has 5/26 conflict.)

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Habs fan coming in peace.

Well done Vegas. I honestly didn’t expect you to make the playoffs, let alone make it to the finals. You guys are a great story and I’m pulling for you. I genuinely believe you have a very legit shot at winning it all.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I would rather face the Caps than the Lightning. Either way I think we pull it off in 7 to bring the cup down the Vegas strip in its first year of existence. It's been a pleasure watching this team. I became a fan after that first game against my Blues. Seeing the speed and work ethic of each member on the team made me an instant fan of the Golden Knights. Let's do this!

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Let's let that sink in.

Stanley. Cup. Final.

First expansion inaugural team who had to earn their way into SCF in their first year.

If TB wins ECF , they have home ice advantage. If Washington wins ECF, Vegas has home ice advantage.

(TB Amalie Arena has conflict 6/2. WAS Capital One arena has 5/27, 6/2, 6/3 conflicts. VGK T-Mobile has 5/26 conflict.)

Congrats to Vegas but the Blues were the first expansion team in their inaugural year to make the Final. Though you guys had the much harder path. Well done!

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Woooooooooooooo!

This is the greatest hockey story in the modern era!

Nobody pick ya.
Said you couldn't sustain it.
The NHL is now a joke.

Bwahahahahahahah!

23 guys want it more than anybody else and that's what it's all about. I've been rooting for ya all year and now I'm getting my bags packed to personally cheer ya on :nod:

Can't wait to get down to you and enjoy everything the franchise and city provides.

VEGAS BABY :towel:

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
Congrats to Vegas but the Blues were the first expansion team in their inaugural year to make the Final. Though you guys had the much harder path. Well done!
When the Blues entered the league they created the western conference. It was all expansion teams, making it a guarantee to have an expansion team in the finals.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I'm not gonna lie, I'm going to be heartbroken if they don't win it all. I had thought they would lose to the Jets/Preds winner before the playoffs started, but they have elevated their game even higher than the regular season which was already a big treat for VGK fans.

To get to the finals only makes the emotional investment higher and I hope they come through. It won't be easy. The east teams are both good teams.

member 151739

I won't mind if we lose, and I don't even expect to win. Every second of the playoffs is just gravy. The team surpassed all expectations. This is a miracle season. I'm just enjoying the ride.

cOnSpIrAcY though.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Yet again, this crazy ride continues. What an unbelievable season! When I signed up for season tickets, I wouldn't have imagined this in my wildest dreams.

Today it sunk in...I am going to the Stanley Cup Finals in Las Vegas! :laugh::thumbu::cool:

GO!!!!! :vegas GO!!!!!
Don't jinx it... the world could end before the weekend. ;-)

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Let's let that sink in.

Stanley. Cup. Final.

What about NBA playoffs/finals?

Potential Game 6/7 Sat & Mon 5/26 & 28 (GSW/HOU) and Fri/Sun 5/25 & 27 (CLE/BOS) at 9:00 ET and 8:30 ET, respectively. Will the NHL schedule over the top of those? Maybe games earlier in the day?

5/28-29-30 are free.

Amazingly, the NBA can actually schedule the start of their finals before the semi-finals have ended, despite having to keep 4 arenas open. What a concept! May 31st is the date.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Neither of these matchups are any worse than the Jets were. So if the Knights play their game I like our chances. Do prefer the edit: CAPS, but whatevs.

On cloud 9 right now. Just surreal man. This team is somethin special.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
FWIW, about a decade ago, the NHL decreed that all SCF games start at 8pm ET/5pm PT.

I don't think that the NHL will plan their schedule around NBA.

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
If the Capitals and the Lightning fight each other in a 7 match series, Vegas will have more time to relax and thus will have an advantage in the SCF. Probably it's the best scenario for Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->