Prospect Info: Stanislav Galiev

Liberati0n*

Nice. Thanks for using a good song; that's pretty rare in highlight videos.

Govechkin

Nov 10, 2010
Hands are nice, but what impresses me is vision and timing. The first one (in close soft touch move) was a perfect example. Most NHL players can roof it in close, but to avoid the pokecheck and cause the goalie to go down was the key to success. If he can shield the puck that well, and have some decent linemates, he should be in the NHL.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Kid drives the net and plays physically with the puck more than I thought he would. Still excited to eventually see him get a crack at the second or third line in a few years.

HabbyGilmore

Best man for the job
Feb 17, 2011
Saint John, NB Canda
You guys just signed Galiev today. I don't have a link or anything as proof but it came from Stanislav himself so I think the source is pretty good, don't know the deats yet but I'm sure it'll be posted in a bit :nod:

hyzer23

Sep 12, 2011
Queen City
is this kid the real deal? how much of an impact will he make...? he sure does look good, def better than most in CHL at this point...

hoopla

Jun 26, 2008
No he is not the real deal. Soft hands yes, good vision yes. But he is still developing physically. I saw him in camp last year. He was always dead last in his group during BB's bag skates. We'll see how he does this year. Needs to get stronger.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
No he is not the real deal. Soft hands yes, good vision yes. But he is still developing physically. I saw him in camp last year. He was always dead last in his group during BB's bag skates. We'll see how he does this year. Needs to get stronger.

Yeah I don't know but I personally am not putting a lot of hope into Galiev becoming a regular for the Caps in the future. I love his story and he definitely has decent hands but I was not very impressed by his play in the Memorial Cup at all. For a guy who's hands are supposed to be his strongest feature he fumbled the puck and took a lot longer to control pucks than he should have a lot. He's got talent, a decent frame to grow into, and a great story so I hope I am wrong though.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia

He showed up to D.C. 3 weeks early to work with some players and the strength and conditioning coach to work on those things. He's 100% committed and with the skills he has I don't see how he won't make it.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

You're right, we should write him off because he was last in a bag skate....

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Somewhere in the back corner of my mind the idea that we should give him 9 games on the Capitals this season before sending him back to junior is floating around. The Q season has already started, after all.

HockeyJunkie101

Apr 7, 2012
Galiev

He was a 3rd Round Pick of yours in 10', what do you guys value of him? He has had a huge play-off run, a key role, Him and Coyle number 1 and 2. Is he top six ot top nine? Or is he a minor leaguer that rips up the AHL?

MFarrer74

Laich it, Orlov it
Apr 20, 2010
Virginia
I think he's top-9... in few years.

I can't see him on a 3rd line to be completely honest. He has a great skill-set that would prevent him from being put on such a line in my opinion. He's either going to be a top-6 forward in the NHL or the AHL.......or dare I say it, the KHL.

HockeyJunkie101

Apr 7, 2012
Top 9 with Power Play time? I feel he could be more top 6 though. And I don't think he will go KHL, he has played 3 years of junior, but that was on a winning team.

MFarrer74

Laich it, Orlov it
Apr 20, 2010
Virginia
Top 9 with Power Play time? I feel he could be more top 6 though. And I don't think he will go KHL, he has played 3 years of junior, but that was on a winning team.

Him going to the KHL was in reference to not making the NHL. There is no doubt of his interest in the NHL, its just a matter of making a roster.

DCRedhawk21

May 7, 2011
Northern Virginia
I think he will be a second liner in a couple of years

Also w/ regard to him being a third rounder, IIRC analysts had him all over the board, I remember seeing as high as top-15, as well as some slotting him in the third-fourth rounds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad